Complaint Review: Empire Carpet

• Updated: Mon, September 16, 2013

• Reported By: Sbli — Plainview New York
Empire Carpet
Bohemia, New York USA

Empire Carpet BO NOT DEAL WITH EMPIRE CARPET - they are fraudulent Bohemia New York

*Author of original report: Im not wasting any more time with yr company

*UPDATE Employee: ET Customer Support

A salesperson from Empire came to my home to show me sample carpeting. She came with various sample boards (Diane Clark) and I chose one of the samples for 2 bedroom of carpeting. I had measured the rooms and they required 20 sq ft - she advised me that in her measurements, I needed 24 sq ft per room and she advised me that any leftovers I could use as runners. Fine. I paid $32 per sq ft and given the quality I was fine with it. I would like to add that I was under pressure as I was having a party at my home the day after scheduled installation. When carpet was installed I did not pay much attention to installation and when installers were finished, I asked them how many sq ft were installed and they said 20 - I asked them where the other 4 yards were and he said they dont leave remnants that I had to call the company and request it. When I actually walked in the room and felt the carpet with my hands I knew immediately that this was NOT the original carpet I had chosen. This was GARBAGE that Home depot sells at $7.99 a yard. I tried calling the saleswomen a few times and she finally answered my call. I asked her to return to my house as I wanted to compare the carpeting. She refused. I then called customer service a few times requesting that a salesperson return to my house. NO ONE has ever contacted me. I called my credit card company and put in a dispute which is in progress at the moment. All I can say is that what this company does is fraudulent. HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS COMPANY. Im appalled that they can get away with this!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2013 06:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Carpet/Bohemia-New-York/Empire-Carpet-BO-NOT-DEAL-WITH-EMPIRE-CARPET-they-are-fraudulent-Bohemia-New-York-1084810. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Carpet

Im not wasting any more time with yr company

AUTHOR: Sbli - ()

Youre asking me to contact you with regard to my online complaint? I have wasted more then enough time with your company.  I called yr customer service a few times and NO ONE EVER RETURNED MY CALLS. Interesting that you replied so quickly to this internet report. You state that you can not find my account information but yet you state that the right carpeting was installed???  This makes no sense at all.

ET Customer Support

AUTHOR: Business Response - ()

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. It’s disappointing that your product is not meeting your expectations, and we would like to follow up with you to confirm that the correct product was installed. We are not able to locate your account with the information provided here, but if you contact us at 888-588-2315 x4195 or customersupport@empiretoday.com, we will follow up with you. Thank you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager

Westminster