Complaint Review: Empire Carpet

• Submitted: Sun, October 23, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, May 26, 2012

• Reported By: Jj florida — Lauderdale-by-the-Sea Florida U.S.A.
Empire Carpet
3810 Executive Way Miramar, Florida United States of America

Empire Carpet Installers are thieves Miramar, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: ET Customer Support

*Consumer Comment: Empire has many complaints.

*Consumer Suggestion: Were You In Danger ???

*Consumer Comment: Question

I had a father/son team installing my carpet.  I noticed the Dad was outside loading up a large remnant and went out to see what he was doing.  This large piece (evidently the salesman had me over purchase) was very usable.  I was never asked if I wanted it and yes, I did.

When I went back inside and the two finished up a really mediocre job, I noticed two jewelry boxes had been rifled through.  How did I know this?  Because one of the drawers had hastily been put in backwards and another had jewelry hanging out of it.  Both conditions were new and unusual.  But the contents were just junk as I would never have left my jewelry out in South Florida.  I do think he took something because he must have stuffed it in his pocket and in so doing, dropped a few of his folded dollar bills.  So thanks for the extra cash, dimwit.

I did try to report this to Empire but the representative just played dumb like he didn't know what I was referring to.  Or maybe he truly was just plain dumb. At any rate, never again for Empire.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2011 05:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Carpet/Miramar-Florida-33025/Empire-Carpet-Installers-are-thieves-Miramar-Florida-791471. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Carpet

ET Customer Support

AUTHOR: Business Response - (USA)

Weve read your post and truly apologize for what happened. The situation youve described is not at all in line with the behavior we expect from our installers and wed like the chance to reach out to you to address your concerns and so we may follow back with the installers involved. Were not able to pull up your account with the information provided. Could you please sent it to us at customersupport@empiretoday.com or call us at 888-588-2315 x4195 so we may reach out to you? Thank you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager

Empire has many complaints.

AUTHOR: Inspector - (USA)

A representitive most likely will respond and tell you to contact them.  Empire uses a cheap source to get their carpet from and I would not use it except for property I was renting or selling.  The installers are probably contracted and some may not be legal.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Were You In Danger ???

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Was the salesman an Empire employee? Not likely. Probably just a freelance rep.

Were the installers Empire employees (wearing the nice blue shirts you see on TV)? They were contractors.

Did they ever present any ID to you? Doesn't sound like it.

Did Empire require background/drug screens on these people? You tell me. Empire can reply in this public forum if they have nothing to hide.

I'll assume for the time being the answer in no.

They may have been ex-cons, fugitives or illegal aliens. If you had caught them in the act of a crime they may have decided to eliminate the witness. Too bad.

Do you care about your familys safety? Obviously

Does Empire care about your familys safety? We'll let them reply here, in a public forum, if they're not embarassed to.

Time to step up to the plate Empire. The phony TV commercials don't cut it anymore.

Question

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

So when you called the police what did they say?