Complaint Review: Empire Carpet

• Submitted: Tue, November 18, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, November 18, 2008

• Reported By:Lorton Virginia
Empire Carpet
Oxon Hill, Maryland U.S.A.

Empire Carpet Not the bargain you see on TV Oxon Hill Maryland

I had Empire come to my rental condo to give me an estimate on carpeting. From the TV adds you would think they would offer the BEST price on carpeting. What I experienced was a scam. A salesman that offered me three carpet lines with grossly inflated prices and a lot of smooth talk to try to get me to buy. I thought I was on the Price is Right Show the way he pitched the carpeting....a price written on a card put down on the sample. I wasn't buying and I pushed back and the salesman folded and packed his wares and departed. It was clear to me that if he couldn't up-sell he didn't have time for me. His whole mood/tone changed when he realized he couldn' up-sell. I ended up getting carpeting from a local carpet shop that was straight forward, no pressure and never got frustrated with the time it took me to evaluate the numbers associated with the purchase. I got better carpeting for half the price. I will never trust Empire again. They are all pitch and no substance in my opinion. Go to a local mom and pop shop.

Poorman
Lorton, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2008 06:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Carpet/Oxon-Hill-Maryland-20745/Empire-Carpet-Not-the-bargain-you-see-on-TV-Oxon-Hill-Maryland-392588. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Carpet