Complaint Review: Empire Carpet

• Updated: Sun, December 28, 2008

• Reported By:Staten Island New York
Empire Carpet
empirecarpet.com Internet U.S.A.

Empire Carpet False Advertising; poor quality carpeting Staten Island, New York Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Seems like scammers

A sales representative came to our home at approximately 9:00 pm at night. The sales representative was about 65 years old and a female. I guess out of pity we ordered the carpet. However, the quality is subpar and we were never shown the supposedly on sale carpet which was to be 60% off. The representative basically looked on the back of an index card and gave us a price. For 2 carpets for small rooms $2300.00 dollars. We called to complain and got the proverbial run around. We asked to speak with the sales manager, who by the way probably doesn't exist. All the representatives would say is we should speak to the original sales representative who sold us the carpet.

Troubledbuyer
Staten Island, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2008 05:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Carpet/internet/Empire-Carpet-False-Advertising-poor-quality-carpeting-Staten-Island-New-York-Internet-1029061. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Carpet

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Seems like scammers

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

A few years ago my cousin had a flood in finished basement and was replacing the original carpet. I was going to wait for the salesman to come because my cousin works nights and the guy said he was going to come at 9pm. He sowed up in a pimped out Chrysler 300 with tine, rims and the car was lowered. He didnt have all the books of demonstrations with him that
he was supposed to bring to use to match up the original carpet. He was walking around the house like he was casing it out for a burglary, I told him I would have my cousin call him back to set up another appointment. I would never use them for my house.