Complaint Review: Empire Carpets California, LP

• Submitted: Tue, April 28, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, June 01, 2009

• Reported By:Desert Hot Springs California
Empire Carpets California, LP
12326 Bloomfield Santa Fe Springs, California U.S.A.

Empire Carpets California, LP Bait and Switch-Financing Deception-Lousy Carpet Santa Fe Springs California

*UPDATE Employee: Company Response

I contracted with Empire to install carpeting pretty much through-out my mobile home. The carpet I picked from the salesman was not the carpet the installers showed up with. It was the same color but a MUCH LOWER grade of carpet. I stopped the job and made the salesman come out. After much arguing he agreed that the carpet was NOT what he had told me we were getting. I had to pay about $400 more and since I needed the carpet installed immediately, there was no choice.

The financing was interest and payment free for one year. I made some payments though, and paid the entire balance by January 26, 2009. Paperwork given to me at the time I purchased indicated payment was due by January 2009...NO DATE was indicated. It was paid before the end of January however, since financing was handed off to GE Money, they have insisted on charging interest for the entire year stating that their statement indicated a January 1,2009 due date. As far as I'm concerned a "statement" cannot change a contract. The statement is unilaterial, a contract is not!!! I can'g get anywhere with either GE Money or Empire and will pursue the matter through the courts, as a matter of principal!

Lastly the carpet is really lousy! I ended up paying around $3200 for approximately 800 sq. ft. THAT'S $40 a sq. yard and I should have good carpet!!! They damaged my baseboard and the carpet is coming away at the door. They say I am out of warranty!

Unfortunately, if you are reading this you probably have already been scamed!

Callen3x
Desert Hot Springs, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2009 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Carpets-California-LP/Santa-Fe-Springs-California/Empire-Carpets-California-LP-Bait-and-Switch-Financing-Deception-Lousy-Carpet-Santa-Fe-Sp-447149. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Carpets California, LP

Company Response

AUTHOR: Empire - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience, and our team would like to work with you to explore a resolution. Please contact us at webcustomerservice@empiretoday.com so that we may be able to assist. You can also visit our online customer center at http://www.empiretoday.com/Customer-Service.