- Report: #990777
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Empire Carpets
Empire Carpets333 Northwest Avenue, Northlake, IL Northlake, Illinois United States of America
Empire Carpets Comedy of Errors - Never Ending Northlake, Illinois
*UPDATE Employee: ET Customer Support
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
- Tony sales rep visit 8/17 - sold laminate and 2 rooms carpet. Said laminate would fit floor - installers would remove what's there put down a layer of something and it would be ok
- Called Tony... and set up installation on or about 9/4 for laminate on 9/15 and carpet on 9/17.
- No time given for installation so called on 9/14 and learned order was not placed, was still able to keep original installation dates
- Laminate installer arrives, said floor is too unlevel to put in, told him what Tony said, he said Tony should have known. Need vinyl or carpet. Called Empire 800# could not get a hold of any sales reps to show my the vinyl that day. Left messages for Tony unreturned
- 9/17 Tom Sales Rep comes and goes over vinyl options, states need self leveling and luann (sp) and pick out pattern. Set installation for 9/22
- 9/17 Carpet installers come, living room measured over 3' short, but have enough to do that room. Did not know of 9 x 9 bedroom. Install living room and need to reschedule bedroom. Tell them next Saturday, 9/22
- 9/17 or 18 post initial feedback on Empire Website
- 9/19 Kevin, a sales manager calls me, I return call. Goes over issues, apologizes profusely assures me that will be taken care of Saturday 9/22. Explain installer would need self leveling and luann. He said he'd add that to the order. There would be no additional charges for me. Set up carpet coming in 1st stop on 9/22 and 2nd stop for vinyl on 9/22 so would not have to spend all day there.
- 9/22 No installation calls, I call 800# Confirm that carpet is today,but not until 5 PM. Vinyl is scheduled for Tuesday. Escalates to call service mgr, Jerry (x2641) who is trying to get a hold of Sales Mgr. If Kevin does not get a hold of me by 9:45 am ( 1 hour after getting off phone) to call him back and he'll get regional Mgr. In limbo for vinyl, Jerry also going to try to get installers to change their schedule to get carpet earlier (no promises).
- 9/25 Vinyl laid. Did good job
-10/30 Received 1st bill - only for carpet, thought they were nice and threw in the vinyl for no charge
-11/?? Receiving calls from Wells Fargo- not paying full amount each month. This is who Empire uses for their 0% finance. I sent them a check, told them I wasn't getting bills. Somebody changed the billinig address to where the work was done. They were to change it back.
- 01/14 Called Wells Fargo, still no bills. Found out still hadn't changed address. Told me would waive late fee of $35. They admitted it was not my error. Empire did add the cost of the vinyl and they were they only ones that had the work address.
Later in day, signed up for Wells Fargo online. They have been charging me late fees since October. Sent email to Wells Fargo -- explaining AGAIN and asked for waive of all late fees. I changed my address, they still hadn't. Hope this is the end of it. I did send in the full amount of the monthly payment early.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2013 02:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Carpets/Northlake-Illinois-/Empire-Carpets-Comedy-of-Errors-Never-Ending-Northlake-Illinois-990777. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.