Complaint Review: Empire Carpets

• Submitted: Sun, February 22, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, March 04, 2009

• Reported By:Valencia California
Empire Carpets
12326 Bloomfield Avenue Santa Fe Springs, California U.S.A.

Empire Carpets, Carpet sheds, installers several hours late, not finished till midnight Santa Fe Springs California

*UPDATE Employee: Company Response

Empire Carpet was several hours late to start the carpet installation, arriving near noon. They did not complete the job until almost midnight and my husband has to get up at 4:00am for work. I had made arrangements to have them do the transitions into the upstairs bedrooms. This was on the contract but they did not do it as outlined. The carpet also began to shed immediately.

When I called them, I was told it needed to be vacuumed daily. One vacuuming and the canister is full of carpet materials. Within hours, piling is visible on the carpet. I called them several times regarding the transitions and finally someone came out and told me there was an issue with the laminate floors the carpet was to be transitioned. It would have been nice to have this info prior to the install so other arrangements could be made. I am actually not sure that they gave me credible info anyway. It's been 6 months since the install and the shedding is as bad as ever. With so much carpet shedding, its just a matter of time before we start seeing bald spots. This is definably a Buyer Beware company.

M. s. w.
Valencia, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2009 01:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Carpets/Santa-Fe-Springs-California-90670/Empire-Carpets-Carpet-sheds-installers-several-hours-late-not-finished-till-midnight-Sa-427172. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Carpets

Company Response

AUTHOR: Empire - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for bringing your carpet experience to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience, and our team would like to work with you to explore a resolution. Please contact us at webcustomerservice@empiretoday.com so that we may be able to assist. You can also visit our online customer center at http://www.empiretoday.com/Customer-Service.

Sincerely,