Complaint Review: Empire Glass

• Submitted: Wed, November 05, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, November 05, 2003

• Reported By:Peoria Arizona
Empire Glass
3844 E Uiversity Drive Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Empire Glass ripoff Their installer did a horrible job, installed after market glass that will break easily, and customer service is useless Save yourself the hassle. Phoenix Arizona

First of all, they use cheap glass that is very susceptible to easy breakage (that's why the insurance companies do not endorse them). The glass is below market standards is why they are able to offer the "free dinners" that I will never use. Even the stripping they installed did not fit my car windshield. Unfortunately, because I do know as much about cars, it is easy for me to accept their work as good and done when they finish. It is until you have someone with a more knowledgeable eye look at it is when they will they tell you how horrible of a job the installer did.

I got a stress crack on my windshield a week after it was installed. They refused to replace my window saying that a rock hit my glass, even though the crack occured in a touch-free car wash at night (temperature was not an issue).

The warranty dept was incredibly difficult to get in touch with and to have them return your call is impossibe. It is almost as if they really don't have a warranty department - go figure! I finally got someone to come out to check my windshield (after they stood me up on a previous appointment!!) - only to my disappointment that they would not take care of it.

Bottom line - don't go through Empire Glass. Save yourself the hassle.

T
Peoria, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2003 03:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Glass/Phoenix-Arizona-85304/Empire-Glass-ripoff-Their-installer-did-a-horrible-job-installed-after-market-glass-that-1034196. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Glass