Complaint Review: Empire Marketing Solutions

• Updated: Tue, August 26, 2014

• Reported By: davelong — Scottsdale Arizona
Empire Marketing Solutions
Internet USA

Empire Marketing Solutions Matt Sherman, G.M.Joe Untalan, Rep I should have paid attention to negative reviews Portland Internet

*Consumer Comment: Almost the same experience....seems they lose a lot of e-mails.

I paid a large setup fee and the first month in advance. They cliamed that the ppc adv. they created was on the first page for the first three weeks that it ran. Well I didn't see it when I searched periodcally. The bottom line is that it did not create a single phone call. When I notified the company that I was cancelling based on their poor performance all I recieved was an email from a Matt Sherman General Manager that I missed the 7 day notice for the billing date and they would bill and run the adv for another month. I was clearly 10 days before the billing date. I would think that someone with the title of general manager would be more concerned about why a customer wanted to cancel than forcing one more month on an already unhappy customer. Perhaps Mr. Sherman gave himself the title!! Stay clear from these ripoffs! I should given the poor reviews more clout!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2014 10:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Marketing-Solutions/internet/Empire-Marketing-Solutions-Matt-Sherman-GMJoe-Untalan-Rep-I-should-have-paid-attentio-1172406. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Marketing Solutions

Almost the same experience....seems they lose a lot of e-mails.

AUTHOR: cowchaser - ()

In June, 2014 I succumbed to the same company's scheme. I was told I could suspend my service at any time and resume it later. After not one inquiry for the first month, I sent a notice to the billing department that I wanted to suspend for August. I never heard back so I called my sales person Dennis. He said I need to send an e-mail to "pause@empire" not "billing at empire". so I did that and at that time since no inquiries came in at all I asked to suspend AS OF August and even said I would contact them in the fall to resume. Dennis said he was going to work with the manager to avoid an august billing. so I also sent a separate message to billing that said exactly "please don't bill me for august. I have been trying to reach you but never heard back".

well dennis did his job and i was not billed. but then they went ahead and billed for september and october. we tried to work with them nicely but both matt and john who say they are general managers argued with me saying they only got a message saying dont bill for august. we forwarded them the other e-mail but since the one that said don't bill for august was the last e-mail they were going by that one and they interpreted "don't bill for august" as "suspend for august". strange? john was quite rude on the phone and never even let me speak. even after forwarding the other e-mail to them they still denied our request to return our money. after an e-mail argument where we were VERY CLEAR we wantd service SUSPENDED they offered "as a courtesy" to refund one month. I refused as it would have been admitting they could keep the other $100 and were not in the wrong.

we finally had to file a dispute with BOA VISA to get our money back. I then sent them another e-mail SPECIFICALLY STATING THEY WERE NOT AUTHORIZED TO BILL OUR VISA ANY MORE ! THIS is where it gets good......they went ahead and billed us for November! I had to laugh and them scream! we had to fight that one too but did get refunded after my husband (who is a saint) threatened to report them to the attorney general. we never got one rental out of the entire deal!

STAY AWAY from this company. it sure seems that they lose a lot of their e-mails. any manager can tell you it is not good business to act that way. once they saw my e-mail requesting service suspension they should have refunded our money promptly.

IT GETS BETTER: one of them (matt or john who are brothers) actually told my husband that we were committing fraud, lol. i have no idea why they would say that. I am still thinking about reporting that last unauthorized charge on VISA.