Complaint Review: Empire Moving & Storage

• Updated: Sat, October 05, 2013

• Reported By: LG1982 — Sacramento California
Empire Moving & Storage
3109 W Hallandale Beach Blvd Ste 102 Hallandale, Florida USA

Empire Moving & Storage Empire Movers Missing Shipment. Company Closed. $1000 in Cash Gone. No Contact. Hallandale Florida

This company picked up our belongings on September 11, 2013. I called on the 26th to check on an estimated delivery date and I was told by the supervisor, Dawn Hall, they placed our stuff in storage because no delivery date was specified. After I was clearly upset about their error, she tells me I can have another company come pick it up from their warehouse if I don't like it. She then guaranteed everything would be delivered by the 11th of October since they technically have 30 days per the contract.

Now, here we are on October 5th and I email them again only to find out their West Coast branch has completely shut down. We can't reach anyone and they have our property along with $1000 in cash for the deposit given directly to Robert Alan.

I have never encountered something like this and we just want to hear from someone regarding our belongings.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2013 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Moving-Storage/Hallandale-Florida-33009/Empire-Moving-Storage-Empire-Movers-Missing-Shipment-Company-Closed-1000-in-Cash-Gon-1089689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Moving & Storage