Complaint Review: Empire Parking Services

• Updated: Wed, October 24, 2012

• Reported By: Dbdtravel — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
Empire Parking Services
Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

Empire Parking Services Chip the overseer Illegal boot And threw a racial slur at me as I walked away. Atlanta, Georgia

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: President and CEO

*Consumer Comment: There was no slur

*Consumer Comment: Sounds to me like you parked illegally and got caught...

*Consumer Comment: Sounds like you parked in another business' lot.

THis company illegally booted my while I was in a hair salon getting my hair done. As in another complaint I read here there was no proper signage telling you you could not park there. Then he stands by as arrogant and cocky as be and demands $75 or I would be towed. I pay and he throws the "n" word at me as I walk away. He and Intown Realty owner Brian Devlin both at 514 Flat Shoals Avenue both threw the "n" word at me with the hour and Devlin being a devil states"oh well you parked illegally and got caught so get out."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2012 05:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Parking-Services/Atlanta-Georgia-30034/Empire-Parking-Services-Chip-the-overseer-Illegal-boot-And-threw-a-racial-slur-at-me-as-I-858659. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Parking Services

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

President and CEO

AUTHOR: B devlin - (U.S.A.)

This comment is 100% false and I am appalled by the blatant lie and accusation that someone has made against my person.  I specifcally recall the encounter and never used anything but professional language and conduct.  I have witnesses to this affect that are african american and that were present during this encounter.  I ask that this defamation be removed immediately due to the inflamattory nature of the comments and the absolute falsity it claims.

There was no slur

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

Obviously the OP is just pissed about the fee, and is trying to throw in the bit about the N word to make it seem worse. I mean come on, the tow guy said this AND the people at the office? Bullsh!t.

Sounds to me like you parked illegally and got caught...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

I would guess you were a perfect citizen and there was NO reason at all for them to be calling you names...right?

Next time, park in the proper place.

Sounds like you parked in another business' lot.

AUTHOR: Brian - (United States of America)

That would mean the booting probably wasn't illegal.  You also state that you feel the signage was improper.  Most municipalities have strict ordinances concerning these types of signs, including size and placement.  Check with the city, if their signage doesn't comply, report them.  They may end up being fined for the infraction.

Unless they gave you a receipt for you $75, I doubt that you can get it back.  Their signage would have to be in violation and you would have to prove you parked there.

As for the racial slur, that's just uncalled for.