• Report: #612065

• Reported By: Terri — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
Empire Parking Services
1039 Grant Street Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

Empire Parking Services EPA Fraudulent Car Booting Atlanta, Georgia

On June 7, 2010 at 9:26Am, I parked my car in the Laz Parking lot at 226 Courtland (corner of Courtland and Harris). I paid the $8 parking fee, placed the receipt on the dash of my vehicle and went to work.
I returned to my vehicle at 5:20PM and discovered the boots and the orange Immobilization Notice on my window.After 20 minutes of trying to speak to someone at the number indicated on the notice, a guy pulls up next to me and motions for me to roll down my window. He immediately asks me if I am ready to pay the $75. I asked why the vehicle was booted and he said for an in/out violation. At some point during the day, my vehicle left the parking lot and returned,and ironically the same parking spot! I explained to him that was impossible as I had not left the office all day and I could provide proof. He refused to listen, accused me of lying and said to call him when I was ready to pay the $75 and abruptly drove off. About 30 minutes later, after speaking with his manager, who took the employee's side and said I had no option but to pay the $75, the employee returns.
His manager had told me that my tire was not chalked and the employee had monitored my vehicle three times that day. I checked my tires and there was indeed a chalk mark.I told the employee this, but he argued that there was NOT a chalk mark. He finally got out of his after I insisted and when I pointed out the chalk mark, his story changed.Now he claimed that yes he did chalk my tire,but rubbed it off when he discovered that I had an in/out violation.
I also asked how he monitored the vehicles and he shows me a handwritten spreadsheet on which he had written the description of my vehicle and the three times he had monitored my vehicle, the first time being at 9:15AM. I explained that I was not even in the parking lot at 9:15AM - look at my receipt!
He replied that he was not going to waste time arguing with me, that he had things to do and to call him when I was ready to pay the $75.
Of course, what other option did I have? I had to get home.
So an hour after I discovered the erroneously placed boot, the boot was removed and I was free to go home.
The name of the booting company: Empire Parking Services, Atlanta, GA
The name of the rude EPS employee who booted my vehicle: Wes - Employee # 119 (he refused to give me his last name)
The name of the manager who allows this behaviour: Chris Aughtman
The name of the owner of EPS: Chip Schmeelk, who, by the way, also owns a towing company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2010 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Parking-Services/Atlanta-Georgia-30315/Empire-Parking-Services-EPA-Fraudulent-Car-Booting-Atlanta-Georgia-612065. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Parking Services