Complaint Review: Empire Relocation INC

• Submitted: Fri, August 17, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, August 17, 2012

• Reported By: hindsightis20/20 — san francisco California United States of America
Empire Relocation INC
12435 E 42nd Ave, Unit 50 Denver, Colorado United States of America

Empire Relocation INC All My Sons Moving & Storage- Florida & Colorado EMPIRE RELOCATION & FATHER AND SONS MOVING & STORAGE IS INVOLVED IN CRIMINAL ACTIVITY Denver, Colorado

I recently (and regrettably) used Empire Relocation to move my belongings across the country. I am pretty sure that one of the movers was tweaking on methamphetamines when they arrived. Against my better judgement, I let them enter my home and load my belongings on their moving van. The movers did not wrap or cover my furniture, even though I had been told that they would. My items (not all of them) arrived 30 days later. Furniture was scratched, my mattress was torn and dirty, my motorcycle was scratched and the brake lever was bent. I was missing several TVs, a bed, a table and antiques. I have since done research on Empire Relocation and have no expectation of ever seeing my things OR receiving reimbursement, even though I paid for insurance through Empire Relocation. I discovered that the owner, Jason Price, operates under several business names, one of which has over 80 filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau and an F- rating. I also spoke to Progressive Insurance regarding the proof of insurance that they had provided me. Their coverage DID NOT cover lost or stolen items and only covered up to $10K. Not to mention, Empire Relocation purchased insurance 3 days prior to dropping off my items. Jason has been very responsive to my emails and has assured me that he is working diligently to find my things, but I'm most certain that he's putting me off until my check clears his bank.

Unfortunately I've learned a lesson the hard way. ALWAYS DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST

Please see the websites below as a precaution before using this company.

Please note that I originally contacted and had a contract with Budget Van Lines, who contracted these criminals for my moving needs.

I have contacted my attorney and will be filing a class action lawsuit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2012 09:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Relocation-INC/Denver-Colorado-80239/Empire-Relocation-INC-All-My-Sons-Moving-Storage-Florida-Colorado-EMPIRE-RELOCATION-928924. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Relocation INC