Complaint Review: Empire Today, Belleville MI

Empire Today, Belleville MI
Belleville, Michigan USA

Empire Today, Belleville MI Bad blinds and no good solution Belleville Michigan

*UPDATE Employee: ET Customer Support

I called Empire a few years ago to install blinds in my home, after hearing their commercials. The salesperson was courteous, and the blind installation went well, although the color choices were very limited. In December of 2013, I found after going on vacation that the blinds would no longer open. I called the Empire national customer service line, and they filed a report. I got a call from the Belleville location, and I explained my problem. He said the blinds were still under warranty, but would probably have to be removed to be checked for the problem. I asked him what they would put in my window, and he said, "paper." I explained that that was not acceptable, as I would have relatives visiting, it was my living room window, and I have cats who would make short work of any paper. He had said that they might have the blinds for 2 weeks, and I didn't want to be without window coverings for that long, so I gave up. I called back in March and spoke to someone named "Chris". He called me and gave me his cell number, and I called him back 3 times but never heard back from him. I don't know if he was a contractor they hired, but the reality is, he never got back with me. I didn't bring it up again until now, in May, and I once again have to deal with the national customer service line and re-open the ticket, since Belleville reported that I "didn't call them back." I most certainly did, on the only phone number I had, but got no response. I have a problem with a company that thinks that blinds should be replaced by paper when they're defective, and I have a problem with a company that doesn't ever give out the local vendor's phone number. I will never deal with Empire again. I will deal with a local company, where I can see the owner personally and deal with someone who is in my community, and concerned about customer service. I can't believe that Hunter Douglas wants their name associated with this company, and my next call will be to them, to enquire as to why they allow someone to represent them with such poor customer service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2013 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Today-Belleville-MI/Belleville-Michigan/Empire-Today-Belleville-MI-Bad-blinds-and-no-good-solution-Belleville-Michigan-1055317. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Today, Belleville MI

ET Customer Support

AUTHOR: Business Response - ()

Lisa, it’s disappointing that your issues with your product have not yet been resolved. We are committed to working with our customers until they are completely satisfied, and we will be reaching out to you shortly in regards to the necessary repairs. If you have any additional questions or concerns, you can reach us at 888-588-2315 x4195 or customersupport@empiretoday.com. Thank you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager