Complaint Review: Empire Today Carpet

Empire Today Carpet
201 Ann Street Oakmont, Pa 15139 Internet United States of America

Empire Today Carpet Empire Today Carpet will take your money and run Internet

*UPDATE Employee: ET Customer Support

Empire Today was to do tile in our home in a small bathroom.  They at first estimated a price based on going over the existing tile we already had because we live on a concrete slab.  They assured us this would be fine and the work would be solid.  After we placed the order we changed our minds and decided to have the tile removed and the tile done over our concrete foundation.  After speaking with the company over the phone and increasing the original price they said we were set.  When the installers arrived they were Mexicans who could not speak much English.  The minute they walked through the door before even inspecting the bathroom they asked for my payment.  I was suspicious but their policy is to pay upfront so I did.  After I told them I wanted the tile taken up they said they could not do the job until another time then.  They said they might damage our walls and other flooring and that the job was much more difficult now.  They said our paperwork did not reflect the changes we had made and that they would go over the existing tile.  At this time I decided I wanted to cancel the order.  After mumbling something in Spanish to each other the one installer tried to convince me that we may not get our money back and to just go ahead and have the tile installed over the old tile.  At this point I got on my phone and cancelled the order.  This was not easy however.  They had me on hold for a long while.  They transferred me to many different departments.  They then told me it could take up to 10 business days for my money to be back in my account.  They also told me it would take 15 days to see a check for my original deposit of $100.00 refunded.  This company wants your money and is not concerned with customer satisfaction or doing the job right.  I'm glad I cancelled.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2012 05:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Today-Carpet/internet/Empire-Today-Carpet-Empire-Today-Carpet-will-take-your-money-and-run-Internet-924076. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Today Carpet

ET Customer Support

AUTHOR: Business Response - (USA)

Rachel, were disappointed to know about the confusion that occurred regarding the details of your order, and we regret any confusion that occurred as a result. We never want our customers to be dissatisfied with the level of service that they receive, and a member of our customer service team will be contacting you soon to discuss the situation in more detail. Please contact us with any questions or concerns at 888-588-2315 x4195 or email us at customersupport@empiretoday.com. Thank you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager