Complaint Review: Empire Today LLC - Northlake

Empire Today LLC - Northlake
333 Northwest Ave Northlake, Illinois USA

Empire Today LLC - Northlake Rude and obnoxious Northlake Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: ET Customer Support

On July 30th, I ordered carpet from Empire, they came out and measured.  On July 31st they called to say they were going to be at my home between 9-11.  They came in a timely manner, but then disaster - The guy about 28 maybe told me he wanted a check right away, I asked him if I pay before they start the work and he said, you don't give me the check right now and I am leaving, so I have him the check, but then he was standing with the check and his partner and he started speaking spanish, I asked him to please speak english when he is upstairs by me, if he is in the basement putting in the carpet I don't care, he said " I am not going to speak english, I was not talking about you" I told him, if you are up here you need to at least translate it back to me, he said, " I am not talking about you".  First off, if he is not talking about me why are you not down in the basement putting in the carpet??? What was so important that during our talk about what needed to be done you decided to talk to your partner.  He told me he was leaving, I told him the job had to be done today.  He went down into the basement and said how am I supposed to put it down??? What? I said it needed to be taped down, he said he did not have the tape and had to go buy some.  Then he asked me when am I home, when is my son home, what hours do we work, I did tell him none of his business.  He said the floor was too cold to tape on and he was leaving, he packed up his stuff and went to his car, then I called customer service to get the manager and so did he.  She never talked to me but she evidently did talk to him and he decided to do the job and gee tape magically appeared.  If I did not need that carpet installed right then due to a family member moving in, I would have cancelled it right there.  I do believe I have a right to know what you are saying in my house.  Then asking when I am gone.  Mgt never called me, took my calls or anything.  The salesman I wrote and told him, did he say sorry, no just I WILL FORWARD TO MGT.  They have it made, pay upfront, give the customer a hard time, act in a threatening demeanor and then mgt says ATTA BOY!  By the way, if you read this young man, I have someone there 24/7, so if you think of trying to rob us, you will be in for a big surprise.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2014 12:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Today-LLC-Northlake/Northlake-Illinois-60164/Empire-Today-LLC-Northlake-Rude-and-obnoxious-Northlake-Illinois-1166715. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Today LLC - Northlake

ET Customer Support

AUTHOR: Business Response - ()

Hi Cecelia, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We regret that your installation experience did not meet your expectations. We never want our customers to feel uncomfortable, and we’re disappointed that you did not get to enjoy our world-class service. We’d like to discuss your concerns in more detail, and we will be reaching out to you soon to discuss. Thank you. Jeanette Ramey, National Customer Service Manager