Complaint Review: Empire Today - New York/Long Island

• Updated: Fri, May 17, 2013

• Reported By: Eric — Huntington Station New York
Empire Today - New York/Long Island
333 Northwest Avenue North Lake, Illinois USA

Empire Today - New York/Long Island Empire Today Rip-Off Scam And False Advertising North Lake Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: ET Customer Support

*Consumer Suggestion: The $99 Special

I called Empire Today to get an estimate to rip up the carpeting in my daughters room.  Her room is maybe 10 X 10. It's a very small room.  Empire Today or 1-800-Carpet advertised on TV that I will be $99 any room of the house.  You just have to pay extra for installation.  I obviously didn't expect to pay $99 to put wood flooring down in the room. I'm not an idiot.  I estimated with material, and installation, plus taxes it would cost about $600.  The in-home saleswoman showed up, and took the measurements of the room.  She said it was small.  She sat down and crushed the numbers.  I was waiting for her response.

When she finally told me how much she wants to charge to put down wood floors in this tiny room I almost fell off my chair.  She told me that it would cost me $2,400.  She said wait with the $99 a room promotion the new total would be $1,500.  I still was shocked.  I got up and said to her thank you very much, but there is no way in hell that I'm going to pay that much for this tiny litle room.  You can leave now, and have a nice day.  She walk out.  Boy have I learned my lesson on this company.  Has anyone else out there been ripped off by them too?  I would love to hear it.  They should be put out of business and sued.  The Better Business Bureau should be contacted.  FALSE ADVERTISING!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2013 09:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Today-New-YorkLong-Island/North-Lake-Illinois-60164/Empire-Today-New-YorkLong-Island-Empire-Today-Rip-Off-Scam-And-False-Advertising-Nort-1051671. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Today - New York/Long Island

ET Customer Support

AUTHOR: Business Response - ()

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. It’s disappointing that your sales appointment did not meet your expectations. Because we are a full-service company, our pricing is all inclusive and covers product costs, installation labor, and any additional requested services. The current promotion is for the product cost only, and we also offer a price match guarantee. We would be happy to speak with you and answer any questions you may have about pricing or the current promotion, but we are not able to locate your account with the information posted here. Please call us at 888-588-2315 x4195 or email customersupport@empiretoday.com, and we will follow up with you. Thank you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager

#2 Consumer Suggestion

The $99 Special

AUTHOR: john - ()

What did you expect for $99? Waxed paper flooring? This was a sucker deal. Meant to draw in those who had little education or experience. Fortunately you saw the light and sent the salesperson packing.