Complaint Review: Empire Today llc

• Submitted: Fri, November 23, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, November 23, 2012

• Reported By: Jason — Cedar Grove New Jersey United States of America
Empire Today llc

Empire Today llc Empire Carpet Empire Salesman lied about Quality of Carpet. Now Empire will not stand by thir Warranty! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Same situation

*UPDATE Employee: ET Customer Support

Empire Salesman sold me a carpet and said that Empire has a  guarantee on any stains or wear for 10 years.  We have kids so thought that is a good warranty for us to have.  We have had the carpet for 1 year now and their is excessive wear on two area's and many stains that will not come out.  We even paid to have it cleaned by an outside carpet cleaning company.

I put in a complaint about 2 months ago and they said that they have to send out an inspector to look at the carpet.  The inspector came over around the 3rd week of October.  I have sent several e-mails to Adelle Brown from Empire Carpet.  She responded to me a week ago that she had not gotten the inspection report back as of yet.  Now 4 weeks after the inspection she said last Friday 11/16 that she will contact us on Monday 11/19 with the resolution.  Today 11/23 I still have not heard from her.

I believe that this carpet needs to be replaced and Empire does not want to stand by their warranty.. The quality of this carpet is horrible. My last Carpet was a Home Depot Carpet that lasted our family over 10 years with no issues. I am at the point right now were I am going to take this as high and as far as I can.  I will be contacting the BBB. I will also be sending e-mails to Empire Executives such as Mr. Steve Silvers Chief Executive Officer, Ms. Marlo M. Michalek Vice President of Marketing and Communications and Ms. Bridget Moscatello Vice President of Customer Care. They will all be contacted shortly if my carpet issue is not resolved to my liking.

Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager- Before you respond to this complaint with the generic response you always use for everyone's complaints, how about calling Adelle Brown or her superiors and find out the resolution to my carpet issue and call me. I hope you can resolve this soon for me before I have to take my next steps.....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2012 06:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Today-llc/internet/Empire-Today-llc-Empire-Carpet-Empire-Salesman-lied-about-Quality-of-Carpet-Now-Empire-wi-972728. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Today llc

Same situation

AUTHOR: Eastman103 - ()

I am in an almost identical situation. The salesman lied to us about the quality of the carpet we purchased. It was installed in March and by May it already looked 10 years old due to wear. It wasn't even their cheapest product.

The inspector came out, agreed that it was unacceptable, took pictures and said he would file a request for replacement of higher quality, free of charge. Empire denied the claim saying it did not look like product defect in the pictures-- clearly, pictures are decieving because it is nothing but product defect.

After fighting with them, they finally said they will replace the carpet with the same carpet but the 10 year warranty will then be void. (Pointless, considering the same carpet will again look 10 years old in another 2 months)

The release agreement they asked me to sign was outrageous. It took away every right I had as a concumer. Needless to say, I did not and will not sign it. I am contacting the BBB and hiring an attorney as well.

ET Customer Support

AUTHOR: Business Response - (USA)

Jason, we regret the lack of follow up that you initially received, as we never want our customers to be disappointed in our service. We understand that weve been in contact with you about this issue and reached an amicable resolution. Please dont hesitate to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns at 888-588-2315 x4195 or customersupport@empiretoday.com. Thank you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager

assist