Complaint Review: Empire Today

• Updated: Wed, February 05, 2014

• Reported By: amhart820 — Annapolis Maryland
Empire Today
Annapolis, Maryland USA

Empire Today Empire Carpet Empire Today Does Not Honor Warranty Annapolis Maryland

*Author of original report: Finally

*Author of original report: Empire Has Not Come Through

*UPDATE Employee: ET Customer Support

Shortly after having berber carpet installed, the carpet started to unravel after just vaccuuming. I contacted them once about the carpet & they never got ack to me. A while later, I contacted them again about it & they eventually sent out an installer to look at it. He said that carpet should not be coming up like it was, just from simple vaccuuming & that he would take the pictures back to his boss & that they should replace it.

Empire later sent out a different contractor to take more pictures & look at my vaccuum to see if that was the cause. He said it didn't look like that was the cause, took more pictures & said Empire would be in touch with my ina bout a week. More like a month! I was then told that they no longer carry the carpet, would have to special order it & that I would have to pay for the repairs! This carpet is supposed to have a 10 year warranty on it!

I wish I had researched Empire better & read the multiple rip-off reports filed about this company before having them install my carpet. Do yourself a favor. Never ever use Empire for anything. They do terrible work, use poor quality materials & do not honor their warranty.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2014 10:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Today/Annapolis-Maryland-21409/Empire-Today-Empire-Carpet-Empire-Today-Does-Not-Honor-Warranty-Annapolis-Maryland-1121112. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Today

Finally

AUTHOR: amhart820 - ()

Well, the salesman FINALLY showed up, 45 minutes late. Not his fault though. He called me a little after 1:00 saying he was on his way & had just gotten the message from the office. He said they'd replace it with a better carpet that also comes with a 10 year warranty. I hope to not have to use anymore warranties considering how much trouble it was to get Empire to honor the original one. He said they're replacing it with an upgrade.

I showed him the problems I had with the previous carpet & he said that they're running into the same problem a lot with that brand of carpet. So see Empire? Stop trying to blame my dog or my vacuum, it was your crappy carpet that was the issue. I didn't even have my dog in the house yet when it 1st started coming up & the 2nd contractor you sent out couldn't find anything from my vacuum that would have caused the issues. I'll update eeveryone about how things go with installation.

Empire Has Not Come Through

AUTHOR: amhart820 - ()

Well, Empire did get in touch with me after I filed my original report & offered a replacement if I sign something saying that this is a courtesy replacement? I read another report on here that the documnet they want me to sign says that the new carpet will not be covered under the warranty. So, basically, you're still not honoring your warranty. On top of that, the salesman was supposed to be here today between 11:00 & 1:00. I've sat here waiting for him & he is so far a no-show. Oh, but the contractor showed up at a little after 9:00 A.M. (for what, I don't know) even though he wasn't supposed to & said himself that the scheduling office screwed up. Another epic fail Empire!

ET Customer Support

AUTHOR: Business Response - ()

Hi Andrea, we know that you've been frustrated with the issues you’ve experienced with your product. We understand that we've been in contact with you and have been working towards a resolution. We are committed to working with our customers, and we’ll be reaching out to you again shortly to review the situation. Please also feel free to contact us with any additional questions at 888-588-2315 x4195 or customersupport@empiretoday.com. Thank you. Jeanette Ramey, National Customer Service Manager