Complaint Review: Empire Today

• Submitted: Mon, January 26, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, January 31, 2009

• Reported By:Charlotte North Carolina
Empire Today
Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.A.

Empire Today Violation of privacy, safety & bad judgement Charlotte North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: SOUNDS LIKE TWO BAD ATTITUDES HERE

On Friday, January 23, 2009 around 7:00 pm, representative P. Andreotti ID # RR9 of Empire Today Flooring came to my home to give me an estimate on flooring. After measuring the areas and while discussing the quote, I asked for a detailed estimate. I begin to write as he was explaining what the estimate included then he said, I'll write it. He took a flyer, folded it in half, and wrote Includes-Removal of old, flooring-move furniture & carry away old debris Install 1/8 pad then wood product & qtr molding move furniture bk. 25 yr water warranty also stairs, structure, padding $3,513.00. I asked him if this was an estimate and he said it was. Therefore, I asked for a detailed estimated. I then told him that, if you can't give me a detailed estimate, this is over. He said well this is over. In addition, I told the representative that I don't like your attitude or your demeanor right now so get out of my house. After gathering his things, the representative stated, and you would be an Obama supporter. I responded with, yeah did you see my sign? While going down the stairs to leave, the representative unhappily expressed his feeling about Obama therefore I told him that you need Jesus. For the second time I said, sir get out of my house. When the representative reached the door, he turned around and shouted, you people got a man running the country that is gonna allow abortions. At that point I stated to him that he needs to go pray and get out of my house. I then went outside to get his license plate number. He was doing something in the trunk of the car. He asked me, what are you doing? What are you doing? I ignored him and proceeded to write his license plate number then he hurried into the car and tried to back over me. I then called the customer service number who told me to call the home office @ 847-583-3000. Well home office is not open after hours or on weekends. On Monday morning I called 888-588-2315 ext 7813, found on the internet and spoke with Tom Sherwin, Regional Customer Service Mgr who advised me to file a police report regarding the incident with the car. A police report will be filed today. Mr. Sherwin also mentioned that Empire Today does not give detailed estimates, they give a comprehensive estimate. He also mentioned that Empire Today does not support engaging in political or religious conversation. I expressed to him that I was unhappy with his representative weather he is a contractor or not, he represents Empire Today. I also mention that I wanted my flooring installed before the Superbowl. No resolution was offered. I am very unhappy that the representative negatively expressed his political feelings because I ended the meeting since he refused to give me a detailed estimate and obviously had a foul attitude; violated the safety of my home; displayed such actions in the presence of my daughters ages 10 & 19 who became scared because of the representative's hateful look, negative comments, & irate body language.

Andrea
Charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2009 08:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Today/Charlotte-North-Carolina/Empire-Today-Violation-of-privacy-safety-bad-judgement-Charlotte-North-Carolina-416212. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Today

SOUNDS LIKE TWO BAD ATTITUDES HERE

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

I'm a retail sales person with 35 years experience. Some customers request things I'm not available to provide, according to my company's policies. This is probably the case with Empire Today's bottom line, no detail pricing. Every once in a while I run into someone with an attitude. This person sounds like a problem waiting to happen. The Empire salesperson was right to get out of there before wasting any more time. If the customer's story is true, he was way out of line attempting to pick a silly fight in an attempt to get in " the last shot ".