• Report: #1061957

• Updated: Tue, June 25, 2013

• Reported By: Robert Steinhardt — Marietta Georgia
Empire Today
6875 Best Friend Road Doraville, Georgia USA

Empire Today Uses Substandard Carpet Poor Installation Blamed Vacuum for Holes and old carpet for gaps Doraville Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: ET Customer Support

I had Berber carpet installed with Empire Today in February of 2013.

Upon completion of the job the carpet began to get runs in it, I also noted that there were significant gaps between where the carpet ended and the baseboard began so I contacted the local office. After 6 different phones calls to the local office here in Atlanta they finally called me back, we scheduled an appointment for the installation coordinator to come and look at the problems I was having. After the initial inspection the office called back and blamed my vacuum cleaner, which was used twice a month on the carpet. This was a brand new machine, not an out of the ordinary vacuum cleaner. I completely disagreed with the assessment. I asked for a second opinion. Last week they sent an “independent inspector” out to view the situation, which in turn has gotten much worse. The pulls/runs in the carpet have now become holes.  The independent inspector that had come to view the carpet, also said they think it’s the vacuum. To me, this makes zero sense at all, we have had the same vacuum used on other parts of the home, with older carpet, and no pulls/tugs/rugs or holes have occurred, is the quality of the carpet installed so poor that a normal vacuum cleaner can cause such destruction to supposedly “new” carpet.

The gaps between the carpet and the baseboard are still there, and the holes in the carpet are just getting bigger and nothing has been done to rectify the problem.  The local Atlanta office has not been helpful in any way.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2013 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Today/Doraville-Georgia-30340/Empire-Today-Uses-Substandard-Carpet-Poor-Installation-Blamed-Vacuum-for-Holes-and-old-c-1061957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Today

ET Customer Support

AUTHOR: Business Response - ()

Robert, we regret that your product has not been meeting your expectations and that the issues you’ve been experiencing have not yet been resolved. It’s our understanding that we’ve been in contact about these issues, and we’ll be following up again shortly to work towards a resolution. You can also reach us at 888-588-2315 x4195 or customersupport@empiretoday.com. Thank you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager