scholarship

• Submitted: Mon, May 22, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, October 17, 2008

• Reported By:Pasadena Maryland
Empire Today
333 Northwest Ave Northlake, Illinois U.S.A.

Empire Today, LLC Bad all around Service Ripoff Baltimore Maryland

*Consumer Comment: 'Please understand that I was unable to look into this important matter'

*UPDATE Employee: Not all the sub contractors Empire employs are bad, some are very inexperienced.

*UPDATE Employee: Empire Today

Readers,

Like a lot of companies today, Empire Today LLC Subcontracts its work to the lowest paid Local Contractors which may or may not benefit you. Usually Not. The 4 Contactors came to my house on time and began to work. They were putting laminate flooring down in my kitchen. The floor used to be half carpet and half linoleum floor. When the carpet was removed the contractors said that I, Not the company, needed to buy ply-wood to make the floor even. I bought the wood because it is cheap and only cost me 25$. While at the Store the Contractors installed Floor all the way to the uneven area and stopped. They then put down the ply-wood and stopped for the day. They came back the next day to pick up where they left off. I noticed that there was a huge quarter inch seam in the middle of the floor. I told the Contractor that it looked very ugly and he, not speaking English very well, said that they would put down a transition strip. I told him that I did not want a transition strip in the center of my kitchen and he said that it was too late and if they did not put it there the floor would break. Since there was no transition strip ordered for this area (Because it is supposed to be one floor and no transition strip was supposed to be put down), they had to use two strips. After the floor was put in it looked very bad. The contractor then had the nerve to demand 200$ for putting the Ply-wood down. I told him to notify the company and add it to my bill. He said that they can't do that, so then I told him that if he didn't do it that way he wouldn't get any money. They left without their 200$.

This would be enough to complain about, but it gets worse. A few weeks later every transition strip they put down started coming un-nailed, including the "Infamous" center of the floor strip. I called Customer Service and they sent a tech out. He nailed the strips down and then snickered at the one in the center of my kitchen. He said that he couldn't believe that they left it like this. He said that we would put an order for a new strip. Weeks went by and no phone call, No one came to the house, then it happened. My 2 year old daughter stepped on the strip. A nail had gone into her sock and it pulled the entire strip up and broke it in two. I called the company again and they apologized for the incident. I told them that this needs to be taken care of immediately. They told me that they would have someone call me to set up an appointment. No one ever called. A week later I called the company back. They made an appointment a week later to have someone come out. No one ever came out to the house. I then called the company back. They told me that the parts they need to repair my floor were on backorder and it could take up to 3 weeks. A month goes by and no call - No Show. I call the company again. I was told that they would have someone call me in Two Business days. 3 business days go by and no call. I called the company again and was told that they are having techs come out to in a few days to repair the floor...Not replace the strip. The appointment is in 3 days and I hope that they keep it. If Not I will be consulting Legal Advise. I feel that Empire Today needs to check the creditability of its subcontractors and take a better effort in keeping appointments with mistakes made by the subcontractors. If you are thinking about getting new floors, look locally. If you go with Empire Today, Chances are that they will subcontract the job to the cheapest bidder that will most likely not do a good job.

Jim
Pasadena, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2006 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Today/Northlake-Illinois-60164/Empire-Today-LLC-Bad-all-around-Service-Ripoff-Baltimore-Maryland-192700. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Today

AUTHOR: Andromeda - (U.S.A.)

'Please understand that I was unable to look into this important matter further or contact you because your postings were done unanimously.'

You are exactly right. The authors post IS unanimous with the all of the OTHER posters complaining about your company on RipOffReport! Thanks for finally acknowledging this simple fact!

AUTHOR: Don - (U.S.A.)

I have worked for Empire for over 8 years as an installer and I have had my share of problems with clients as well as the company. MOST of these problems are caused by the person who goes out to do the in home estimate. Most times they don't measure properly, don't take account of "dips" in floors and subfloors, and most times always tell the customer "If you encounter any problems in the install, talk to the installer." When an installer goes to the home we have never seen the home, or the "problems". When the carpet/flooring is ripped up, there may be unforseen problems under the flooring. It is unprofessional to attack the installer. We are just there to do the job. Also, when we have an issue Empire drags their feet. YOU HAVE TO BE PERSISTENT. Please don't bash all of the installers. Most of us are hard working perfectionists, but a handful are quite inexperienced. YOu need to ask about the experience of your installer and get it it Writing!!!!

Empire Today

AUTHOR: Sinatra - (U.S.A.)

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your postings on ripoffreport.com. As the advocate of Empire's Customer Issue Resolution Center, it is my job to make sure that we achieve complete customer satisfaction. I was truly disappointed to see that you have been dissatisfied with your recent dealings with our company.

Please understand that I was unable to look into this important matter further or contact you because your postings were done unanimously. I am sure that we can resolve your concerns, as we are committed to providing quality customer service. We maintain a customer service telephone number specifically to work with our customers to address their concerns in a prompt and professional manner. Please call us toll-free at or 800-588-2300.

Sincerely,