Complaint Review: Empire Today,

• Submitted: Thu, March 06, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, March 06, 2008

• Reported By:Mc Henry Illinois
Empire Today,
333 Northwest Ave. Northlake, Illinois U.S.A.

Empire Today, Lies, Inferior Product, and wasted time should be Empire Carpets new motto Northlake Illinois

*Author of original report: Empire Carpet Promised to Resolve my issue

I bought berber carpet from Empire Carpet and had it installed in June 2007. Sales Rep Rich Piotrowski told me it was great with dogs, wear and the unconditional warranty cannot be beat. He was just at some woman's house who had a pet stain and told her he would replace it free of charge. Great, I'm in.

I purchased a high end berber that would last "20 years". Immediately during installation, I noticed a seem down the middle of the carpet but installer told me that it would go away with wear. Also told carpet butting up to hardwood and tile was not going to come up. It's tackless installation.

Within 4 months my carpet was unraveling from every place that it butts up to hardwood or tile fireplace. Also looks dingy, matted down and had fiber "pulls" everywhere. Called Empire, had installation inspection and was told that this type of berber was no good with dogs and that it should not be coming up at edges and should not, under any circumstances be cut, especially down the middle. This type of berber should not be used in such a large room because you see every seem.

Called Empire and they told me that the installer told him it was my dogs that pulled up the carpet. Empire sent manufacturer out for inspection. He said, must be the dogs. Tell me, what are the dogs doing pulling up the carpet from under my couch and how did they get under there? Called Empire too many times to count. Google search of "Empire Carpet Complaints" turns up 40,000+ hits. DISGUSTING!!

Kim
Mc Henry, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2008 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Today/Northlake-Illinois-60164/Empire-Today-Lies-Inferior-Product-and-wasted-time-should-be-Empire-Carpets-new-motto-N-315320. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Today,

AUTHOR: Kim - (U.S.A.)

After numerous phone calls, Bill (ext. 4220) has agreed to resolve my issue. I had contacted the BBB and Channel 2 news in my area and e-mailed them back to let them know. I told Bill this and apparently he agrees that I am not worth the headache. I can make alot of noise when I am not heard. I guess this is what you have to do to stand up for your rights.