Complaint Review: Empire Today

Empire Today

Empire Today won't stand behind work Internet

*Author of original report: Empire

*UPDATE Employee: ET Customer Support

We bought a house that had been entirely floored by Empire Today.  Subsequently, we took out some walls and had some patches of floor that needed to be completed.  I called Empire just to get a few boxes of product so that we could patch these areas.  Since they do not have a retail license, they could not sell me the product - however - they could come out and install it.  I literally have 12 sq ft of patchwork.  I understand that the floor will have to be taken up to be lined up properly.  So, I was guessing I might need 2 boxes of product - at 28sq a box.  They wanted to charge me $500!  If my calculations are correct - that's $8.93 a sq ft!!! Needless to say, I will not be using them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2012 10:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Today/internet/Empire-Today-wont-stand-behind-work-Internet-915683. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Today

Empire

AUTHOR: asemo - (United States of America)

If you read my initial complaint ,you would have seen that there would be no account in my name as the house was purchased already floored. The issue has been resolved without Empire.

ET Customer Support

AUTHOR: Business Response - (USA)

Asemo, because we are a full service company, we are unable to sell only products without installation services. For this reason, our pricing is also all-inclusive and covers product costs, installation labor and any other requested services. We would like to speak to you more about your concerns with our pricing, but we cannot locate your account from the information in your post. Please call us at 888-588-2315 x4195 or email us at customersupport@empiretoday.com, and well follow back with you. Thank you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager