Complaint Review: Empire Today

• Updated: Wed, November 05, 2008

• Reported By:union city New Jersey
Empire Today
www.empiretoday.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Empire Today Awful installers and terrible customer service Union City Nationwide

I used Empire to install 6 blinds in my small one bedroom apartment. It seemed like a very easy job but it has taken more than 2 months and 6 different visits for them to instal the blinds and they STILL aren't finished!!! The first installer that they sent to my house damaged my kitchen window when he tried to force a blind that was too big for the window in. He then asked if I had left over paint so he could cover up the damage. He incorrectly installed the blinds in my bedroom and told me that it was the only way for them to work (which was untrue). In the living room you could see that the valance on the top of the blinds did not match up and there was a one inch space between the spot where they should have met. I called Empire and they sent someone to come and look at the job. He agreed that the job was poorly done and told me that Empire had fired the installer that they sent to me in the past but brought him back because they needed more help. The second installer also told me that he constantly had to fix the other installers jobs.

The second installer seemed very knowlegeable and tried to fix the mess that the first one created. Problem is, he isn't finished with the job yet. He measured the windows and came back 3 times because everytime the blinds weren't cut correctly. He also ripped the paint off my bedroom walls when removing the blinds to install them correctly, so now I have 4 large holes and white paint spots where the blinds used to be.

Whatever you do, DO NOT use Empire. They lie when they say they have great customer service and knowlegable installers. They will send you someone who has no clue what they are doing and tell you that they are great. Don't belive there lies!!! I spent more than $1,300 on blinds and they act like they are doing me a favor by installing them correctly.

union city, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2008 10:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Today/nationwide/Empire-Today-Awful-installers-and-terrible-customer-service-Union-City-Nationwide-388158. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Today