Complaint Review: Empire Today

• Updated: Thu, May 08, 2014

• Reported By: Kasey — Durham North Carolina
Empire Today
Nationwide USA

Empire Today Bad Repair job, can't get them to return to fix Raleigh North Carolina

Had Empire floors installed a few years ago.  They recently gapped in two places, which became a tripping hazard in my home.  I called them back because when they installed them, they promised a "lifetime warranty" on the floors.  Unfortunately, this is not true and they said it would $175 for repairs.  I agreed because my elderly mother lives with me and was having an issue on the floors and her walker.

They came out late and I couldn't stay for the entire install because I was already going to be over 3 hours late to work and I couldn't take the time off.  My Mother's home health aide stayed with them.  When I got home that evening, I checked and the repair job was worse then the gaps.  Now the gaps were filled, but the floors weren't flat and, instead, created almost a peak that was even more of a tripping hazard.  Needless to say, I called them back; it took three days for someone to call me back and I scheduled another appointment for them to come back out.

I took more hours off work for an appointment and the installer never showed up, so I wasted vacation time for nothing.  I left numerous, numerous messages and no one ever called me back.  I finally called their 1-800 number and while the people were nice, there wasn't alot they could do for me because this was handled through the local Raleigh office - who never called me back.

The next day I received a call from the installer who never showed and he said "I'll be there tomorrow."  He didn't say what time, so I called yet again - never received a call back from the local people.  Called the 1-800 number again and they agreed to send someone out after 5 PM because I told them I could not take any more time off work.

This morning (day of repair), I receive a call that they would be showing up either that morning or between 3 -5 PM.  I called them back and said "No, you are showing up after 5 PM."  - no one ever called me back.  I left another message for customer service (my 7th message) and finally, when I mentioned getting a lawyer, someone named Lisa called back from Customer Service.  She said that all messages went to her and I did not leave 7 messages and supposedly the installer called me on Tuesday - which is just a flat out lie because I've received all their other messages and it's a little too convenient that the one call I was waiting for was unable to reach me.  Anyway, this Lisa was quite rude and unbelievably condescending and said that someone would be at my house after 5 PM today - which I will see.

My credit card company said I couldn't despite the claim until I exhausted all avenues of working with the company.  if they don't show up today, I will consider that an exhausted period of time because I've spent hours of time on hold with this company and I have a job I need to keep.

Bottom line - don't use Empire Today

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2014 10:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-Today/nationwide/Empire-Today-Bad-Repair-job-cant-get-them-to-return-to-fix-Raleigh-North-Carolina-1145060. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Today