Complaint Review: Empire Today.LLC

• Submitted: Mon, June 06, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, June 22, 2011

• Reported By: Kat — Greensburg Indiana U.S.A.
Empire Today.LLC
333 Northwest AVE Northlake, Illinois United States of America

Empire Today.LLC Do not believe a word they tell you Northlake, Illinois

*General Comment: We have the same situation!

*Author of original report: Inspector visit from Empire

*UPDATE Employee: Business Response

I called Empire for and estimate in March 2006. This very persuasive salesman came to my home and gave the salesman pitch about how his laminate flooring was the best on the market and showed me the usual samples and how it had 25 year warranty. What a crock.

I wanted this to be installed in my kitchen. He assured me that the flooring would withstand anything and there is a 25 year warranty against any kind warping or damage to the laminate.

The flooring was installed the next day. The installers assured me that this is great flooring and would be covered for any kind of damage.

June 6, 2011 noticed that the seams in flooring was warping and called Empire for their 25 year warranty and they asked me what had I been cleaning my floor with. I told them a jet swiffer mop.
Reply was that you had to use Quick Step cleaner only so that void the warranty. Bull Hockey. The entire floor would be warped if that was true.

Do not believe anything they tell you. They need to be sued.

Kathy Reece

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2011 06:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-TodayLLC/Northlake-Illinois-60164/Empire-TodayLLC-Do-not-believe-a-word-they-tell-you-Northlake-Illinois-737579. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Today.LLC

#1 General Comment

We have the same situation!

AUTHOR: StephanieD - (United States of America)

We have a somewhat similar Empire experience. In 2006, we also purchased our Unilin laminate floor for our kitchen floor. The Empire sales person told us to use a bucket of water and vinegar to clean it. As soon as it was installed, the installer warned us to be careful not to get the floor wet. I called Empire immediately as we have animals, water dishes, etc and our floor is always getting wet. They said don't worry, you have a 25 year warranty. I only ever used a damp rag on the floor, but it still warped from the dishwasher and my hound dogs drinking from the water dish (yes, the water dish is on a rug, but they are not the neatest drinkers). Empire refused honor the 25 year warranty saying I got the floor wet. I never hid the fact we had a dishwasher and a water dish in our kitchen. The sales person assured us the floor was great for our kitchen. I have since contacted the manufacturer and they said the floor would not be appropriate for us - Ya think? I think I need to do some undercover reporting to show what con-men the sales people are, selling inappropriate flooring to people then non honoring the warranty.

Inspector visit from Empire

AUTHOR: Kat - (U.S.A.)

On June 10,2011 @ 3:00 PM the Inspector arrived at my home to look at the warped areas of my floor. I showed him the areas that were warped.

The inspector looked at all the areas and took a little blue light and looked at them. He said that they would call me middle of next week with their decision.
Today June 15,2011 received a call from Empire with their decision. They do not cover water damage and it did not pertain to their installation.
I would not recommend Empire to anyone. Do not fall for their salesman lies. They are a ripoff.

The Warranty states: "Unilin Flooring NC,LLC warrants for 25 years from the date of purchase that its American Dream brand laminate flooring product is free from manufacturing defects will not wear through,fade,or stain and WILL RESIST TOPICAL MOISTURE DAMAGE.

If the product wears through, fades,stains or is DAMAGED NY NORMAL HOUSEHOLD TOPICAL MOISTURE during the warranty period, Unilin Flooring NC,LLC will repair or replace the specific product in question,at its option. If the product was originally professionally installed, Unilin Flooring
will cover reasonable labor costs."

Business Response

AUTHOR: Business Response - (United States of America)

Kathy, I apologize for the problems youve experienced with your product. Its my understanding that an inspector is scheduled to come to your home today to review the situation. Once we have the results of this inspection, well follow back with you to begin working on a resolution together. However, if you have any further questions before this time, please feel free to email me at customersupport@empiretoday.com or contact me via phone at 888-588-2315 x4195. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager