retired

• Submitted: Tue, February 14, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, May 08, 2012

• Reported By: DJL — Tampa Florida United States of America
Empire Today,LLC

Empire Today,LLC sold carpet with stain resistance which it is not/spots keep reappearing, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: ET Customer Support

*Author of original report: Problem resolved

*Author of original report: Update

*Author of original report: Update

*UPDATE Employee: ET Customer Support

*Author of original report: Can't find My Acct?

*Author of original report: Update on Empire

*UPDATE Employee: Reputation

*UPDATE Employee: ET Customer Support

I called Empire today because of their guarantee on TV next day installation which took 2 weeks to get installed. When the carpet came I questioned the installers to make sure what I paid for was what I was getting the carpet looked a little differant from the sample which I had picked from.

They will tell you up front that they cannot leave any sample pieces, I believe that's so you can't compare what you thought you bought with what they brought. After 1 month it not only showed abnormal wear, but a couple of spots showed up and keep reappearing after a few days.

I called and spoke to Ernesto who said someone would contact me in 2-3 Days, after 2 weeks I called back spoke to Patsey who gave me the same lip story and 1 week later I spoke to Nicca. I have yet to hear from anyone this company and they will never get my business again.

This business reminds me of a used Auto lot, Once they have your money you are on your own. Take it from me, you do not want to deal with this company, it seems as if they sub everything out and don't follow up on complaints. Warning watch for Bait and Switch and don't ever expect any problems you have with their products to corrected.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2012 09:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empire-TodayLLC/internet/Empire-TodayLLC-sold-carpet-with-stain-resistance-which-it-is-notspots-keep-reappearin-838902. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empire Today,LLC

AUTHOR: Business Response - (USA)

Were glad that we were able to resolve everything to your satisfaction. Be sure to contact us if you have any additional questions at 888-588-2315 x4195 or customersupport@empiretoday.com.

Thank you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager

Problem resolved

AUTHOR: DJL - (United States of America)

I am glad to say that my problem with Empire Carpet was resolved amicably. It seems as I never reached the right person in the beginning, but after talking to Helen she made sure that everything Empire said they would do was done. Thank you Helen and thank you Empire for standing behind your guarantee .

I also request that "Pissed Consumer not run any media content concerning this matter.

Update

AUTHOR: DJL - (United States of America)

Spoke to rep last week, was told Empire was in the process of assisting me with my problem.I was told it would be taken care of in a week to 10 days. Will update  report when when satisfied with results. At this time it appears they will take care of my problem. We'll see

Update

AUTHOR: DJL - (United States of America)

I have  now been contacted by a Rep from Empire's Home office and it appears that they are willing to work with me on the problem that I have been having the key word is "appears"  I will update this report till the end, and I do hope they take care of the problem to both our satisfaction.

AUTHOR: Business Response - (USA)

We understand that we spoke to you yesterday regarding your concerns and that we are in the process of working towards a resolution. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please dont hesitate to contact us. Thank you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager

Can't find My Acct?

AUTHOR: DJL - (United States of America)

Wow ,Now they can't find my account! Funny how they just called to sell me more crap!! Well I called the number that the rebuttle said to call and went to voice mail ,left a messege with both my home # as well as my cell #.Let's see how long it takes to get a call back!!!!! I will not hold my breath ! I will also continue to update this and other sites till the issue gets resolved.

AUTHOR: Business Response - (USA)

We regret the lack of follow up that youve received, as we make customer satisfaction a top priority.

Wed like to follow up with you, but we cannot locate your account from the information provided. Please call us at 888-588-2315 x4195 or email your contact information to customersupport@empiretoday.com, and we will reach out to you and make sure your concerns are addressed. Thank you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager

Update on Empire

AUTHOR: DJL - (United States of America)

Since the first report, Empire sent a rep out to look at the spots on the carpet, he took pictures and a few days later Empire called and said they would replace the carpet and have the orginal salesman get back with me.   A few days later the salesman called to say he received an e-mail from his home office and said he would get with me , he also stated that Empire was going to replace the carpet, but he would not be on my side of town that week, I agreed to wait till it was convient for him to come by, but

after 4 weeks, I contacted him again and he said not to worry that the problem would be taken care of. Two months later I called the salesman back and left him a messege to call me back. One week goes by with no call, so I. Called  the 800 #and they said they would get the Tampa office to get back with me. Since I never got a call back from the salesman I had them verify was still with Empire which they said he was.  Then I get a call from a rep at Empire saying that he noticed I had purchased carpet from them 9 months earlier ( I also had window shades done by them after the carpet was put down) he asked if there was anything else that I may need, I asked him if the call was a joke, since I have been putting up with this problem for over 6 months now, he said he wasn't aware of any problem. At this point the only way I will quit badmouthing Empire is if they now give me a 50% refund on my money ! These people are just as the site says they are a Rippoff. Do yourself a favor if you are considering carpet, call a local company and save not only money but agravation

REMEMBER DO A GOOD JOB AND YOUR CUSTOMER WILL TELL ALL THEIR FRIENDS, SCREW THEM AND THEY WILL TELL EVERYBODY!!!!

Reputation

AUTHOR: Hollywood - (United States of America)

I find this very hard to believe.  You should call the number above to get this fixed.  I work for empire and know that they go to all lengths to make sure their customers are happy!  The reputation of the company is much more important than losing a few thousand dollars.  They will replace the carpet without thinking twice to assure your happiness.  As far as not leaving samples, that is simple.  I cannot leave my samples because they are the only ones I have.  So when I go to the next home, I must have that sample to show the next customer.  With all the awards Empire Today has earned for Superior customer service, I assure you, just contact that number and they will resolve this.  And if this is already resolved, please come to this site and post your results.

AUTHOR: Business Response - (USA)

Its disappointing that youve had trouble in getting your concerns about your product addressed. We make it priority to work with our customers whenever problems arise. Wed like to discuss your concerns with you in more detail, but are unable to locate your account with the information provided. Please call us at 888-588-2315 x4195 or email us at customersupport@empiretoday.com, and well reach out to you to work towards a resolution. Thank you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager