Complaint Review: Empirical Film - Garcia Media Group - Tvboxset.com

• Updated: Wed, August 20, 2008

• Reported By:Laois Other
Empirical Film - Garcia Media Group - Tvboxset.com
TVBOXSET.COM Internet Canada

Empirical Film - Garcia Media Group - Tvboxset.com Steals from loyal movie and TV fans Montreal Quebec Canada

*Consumer Suggestion: Personal experience with TVBoxSet.com

In July of 2007 I carried out an internet search looking for an old TV show called "Land of The Giants"

I was directed to a site called "TVBOXSET.COM"

Everything looked great, website was great, selection was great, prices were reasonable and international postage was not a problem.

I paid $109.00 including postage by credit card and then I told my six year old son about the fantastic old TV show which would arrive in the post in a few weeks. I even got an email a few days later informing me that the order had been dispatched.

Over one year later now and NOTHING. I have tried to contact the company via their website and various other methods but to no avail. I did not get a single solitary response.

The website is still in operation and is being kept up to date with boxsets of the old "Get Smart" TV show being advertised to conicide with the movie launch.

From what I have read I am not the only person to fall foul of this criminal behaviour, how can this "company" get away with this?

If a high street shop tried a scam like this immediate action would be taken by the authorities but when it's the internet the attitude seems to be "tough luck, you should be more careful" I don't think that's good enough!

The credit card companies should refuse to deal with companies like this, that would soon put a stop to them.

Has anybody out there ever managed to get their money back from this company? If so how did you do it?

Does anybody know if the authorities are even looking at this company?

Buyer Beware

Ian
Laois
Ireland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2008 04:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Empirical-Film-Garcia-Media-Group-Tvboxsetcom/internet/Empirical-Film-Garcia-Media-Group-Tvboxsetcom-Steals-from-loyal-movie-and-TV-fans-Mon-363518. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Empirical Film - Garcia Media Group - Tvboxset.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Personal experience with TVBoxSet.com

AUTHOR: Lala - (U.S.A.)

You're not alone in the TVBoxSet.com scam. The problem you're going to face is that you have waited so long to take action. They charged me twice in two separate transactions for a DVD set I ordered with the old "Muppets" shows, and of course they never sent anything. I kept copies of all of my correspondence via email with TVBoxSet.com and took them to my credit card provider. It was within 60 days, so they were able to reverse the transaction. I would suggest that you backtrack through all of your emails and do the same with your credit card company. They will have the transaction history, and in many cases are able to reverse the wire transfer.

I do suggest Googling them. It will do your heart good to know that at the end of 2007, they arrested many of the people responsible for this Internet ring. Maybe they are finally getting the treatment they deserve. I also suggest reporting them to all of your consumer agencies in your home country. I reported them to the FBI and to the Better Business Bureau.