Complaint Review: Enchanted Cats & Kittens Cattery

• Updated: Mon, September 16, 2013

• Reported By: sadbeyondmeasure — California
Enchanted Cats & Kittens Cattery
648 Enchanted Way Pacific Palisades, Select State/Province USA

Enchanted Cats & Kittens Cattery Nancy Meronen Breeder would not refund my "good faith" deposit of $550.00 and my pet taxi Pacific Palisades California

September 15, 2013

A persian cat breeder [cfa] Nancy Meronen of Enchanted Cats & Kittens Cattery will not return my "good faith" despoit of $550.00 & also is keeping my pet tax I had sent to her.

I was refered to her by Noel Newton of Madame Nu Cattery [ http://madamenu.com ].

Nancy contacted me from Noel sometime in April 2013 and was nice as can be. I sent her the $550.00 "good faith" deposit and in the 6 months of dealing with Nancy I only saw one kitten [via email]  with a long nose that was offered to me, that I did not want. Then a kitten came up and I told Nancy I wanted him it took 6 months   to even get to this point..

Then about in the 5th month of   keeping in daily communication Nancy said, after I wanted & confirmed this kitten Nancy said, "if for any reason I do not    want him or change my    mind I can tell her." Then I said to her "does that mean I can get back my $550.00 back"? She said "no".    I could not for the life of me understand why she would even write something like this.

I did make    2 change requests such as I first wanted a himalayan then changed   to a solid red. Then remained with a flame point.

Mean while Nancy was having one litter after another, hand over foot.

Its funny before I sent the deposit Nancy was so friendly and personable. As soon as I sent her the deposit she    changed with cut and dry, short, few, worded emails.

I became very ill sometime in July & mentioned to Nancy I want to     cancel our tranaction because I was not feeling well. She said you will get better and she would not return my money.      She told me point blank she would not return my money, because she was a small business and cat      breeders just do not return moneys to the buyer's, Nancy says, "its CFA's cat breeder's protocol" [ A code of correct conduct].      Just because its CFA's protocol does not make it doing the right thing      .

Nancy is willing to allow CFA's protocol [of not returning buyer's deposit] to dictate her reputation.       Nancy is willing to do the wrong thing even though she knows inside her heart its the wrong thing just because its CFA's protocol.

I did not sign any contracts nor does Nancy Meronen have a website of her cats,   she advertises on         ebay classifieds.       http://losangeles.ebayclassifieds.com/cats-kittens/pacific-palisades/beautiful-flame-point-himalayan-10-weeks-old/?ad=29756195

I did get better and figured I better get the kitty or I will lose my $550.00. So I made plans to pick him up Sept 10th I drove all the way to Baldwin Park, Ca and when I went out to get gas it was so hot  I had a medcial emergency I got heat stroke. The police & ambulance came and strangers were there to help me I did not even         know.

The medical crew told me I better get on home driving in this heat is no good, so I knew I had to go all the way home. As soon as I got home I called Nancy & told her what happened. I still was very weak from that ordeal.

Then Nancy told me she would get information & call to have him shipped via airlines. First she tells me she is an experienced shipper. Then she writes  then acts like she is having much trouble with making arrangements having him shipped to me at the airport of my choice.  So listening to this caused me to realize I am never gonna get my baby and this is such a hassel I cant deal with this at all anymore. Because I was still recovering from that heat stroke ordeal.

So I just contacted Nancy and told her I want to cancel this transaction and if she could just send me my $550.00 and also my pet taxi that I had delievered to her.

Nancy lives in a very expensive part of california in Pacific Palisades.

[Read this it                will give                you a better picture of the lifestyle she lives]

http://www.palisadespost.com/news/enchanted-marquez-orchard-produces-a-5-pound-grapefruit/ She has so many bridges  burning at the same time to meet her high financial needs inorder to maintain her rich lifestyle living the American Dream.

Ever since I contacted Nancy canceling the transaction now Nancy is threatening me and dictating what I                 need to do, as to come to my senses and do the right thing to pick up my kitten along with the pet taxi. And that she will only give me 1 week to come to my senses and if not she will block me from ever contacting her  again. Because she wants to get on with her life.

This is the experience I had with Nancy Meronen  of Enchanted Cat & Kitten. What was suppose to be a thrilling experience had turned into a nightmare for me.  I am still reeling over this ordeal.

Filing this complaint does not make me happy it makes me very sad beyond measure. But I would not want  anyone else to go through having a cat breeder take someone elses's money. It took me 12 months to save for this kitten. I am not rich infact I am very poor. But it seems to me that  Nancy needs this money more then me.

I must share that I do not dislike Nancy, infact I like her very  much but her calloused, hard boiled attitude along with no compassion in her heart whatsoever is telling me life  must have really been very hard for Nancy. The amount of pressure on her as being a single mom attempting to care for her and her 2 lovely daughters. It's like she is in a straight jacket & she cant get out.

She also has a main job called Chameleon Designs. Does Nancy tell her clients in that job if things dont go well she will not refund their money also?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2013 01:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enchanted-Cats-Kittens-Cattery/Pacific-Palisades-Select-StateProvince-90272/Enchanted-Cats-Kittens-Cattery-Nancy-Meronen-Breeder-would-not-refund-my-good-faith-d-1084959. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enchanted Cats & Kittens Cattery