Complaint Review: Enchanted Mirror

• Updated: Mon, November 01, 2010

• Reported By: whitewingdove9 — Bastrop Texas United States of America
Enchanted Mirror
1810 Bullock Dr Loganville, Georgia United States of America

Enchanted Mirror Timeless FInery Advertises and accepts payment for non-existent products and delivers only excuses Loganville, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: sour grapes

*UPDATE Employee: BBB 3 Cases in 3 Years, All Closed

*Author of original report: This Business's Address is Public Record

*Consumer Comment: Enchanted Mirror Timeless Finery is great

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Claire Snider

*Author of original report: The following Reliability Report from the Better Business Bureau does not include my conplaint because it is still open

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Please contact Company directly

*Consumer Comment: Another very unhappy customer

On 10/29/2008, I ordered and paid by Paypal 97.94, for a garment from an online retailer called Enchanted Mirror aka Timeless Finery.  The owners name is Barbara and her web site is: www.enchantedmirror.com .  After a month went by and I had not received the product, I began what turned into - a series of email communications with the store.  Each time, I was trying to find out when the product would be delivered and each time, I was told that there were problems with the vender that Barbara ordered the garment from and that she was sure it would arrive in 2 to 4 weeks.  I continued to let the owner of this store provide that same excuse to me until December of 2009 when I finally got fed up and demanded a refund.  The response I got from her was:  We can contact the vendor to refund our payment, this will take 2-3 weeks, and then we can refund your payment to you.

I decided, to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in February 2010 Complaint ID#: 27127665 after her time to send the refund had passed.   As I was doing my research to construct the complaint, I discovered a public blog that was posted by another consumer who had had the exact same problem I was experiencing.

I began to realize that the owner of this business has made a career out of  advertising items on her web site that do not exist, collecting money for those items and then providing nothing but excuses for why she cant deliver the products.  In Michaelas blog, Barbara posted, I hope that ANY legitimate customers will EMAIL ME with their name and invoice number, so I can get ALL and ANY back orders done!  I did just that, again demanding a refund.  Her response this time was: I will be happy to issue you a refund, I will need to contact the International Vendor where we paid for this item, and receive our payment back from him, then we can issue the refund.

Another month went by and I posted my story in the blog as whitewingdove9.  Barbara responded to me by email, shortly after my post: We have processed the refund from the vendor, and we should have your payment back in our PayPal before the end of the month, and will send it to you just as soon as we have it back.

A week later, she responded to the BBB with: We have contacted the International Exporter (vendor) that this customer has changed her mind, and no longer wants the purchased clothing item. We are awaiting his refund to us, as we are a very SMALL from home business, and do not have $100 in our personal bank account to refund Ms. ­­_____, until the vendor refunds US, the payment we already sent to him (Ms. _____'s original payment). As soon as he refunds this, we can refund Ms. _____  . Thank you, and God Bless.  I told the BBB I would not retract my complaint until my refund is back in my bank account.

It is now March and I still have not received a refund.  There are four other victims of this womans business practices posting on Michaelas blog and also on http://www.my3cents.com/showReview.cgi?id=66874 , and I am sure there are numerous others that have not surfaced in the public forum.

Enchanted Mirror is in clear violation of the Deceptive Trade Practices Act by advertising non-existent products for sale.  Likewise, they are in violation of the Mail or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule and the Electronic Fund Transfers Act.

Dont send any money to this online retailer that you are not willing to part with.  You are liable to get nothing in return.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2010 02:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enchanted-Mirror/Loganville-Georgia-30052-7403/Enchanted-Mirror-Timeless-FInery-Advertises-and-accepts-payment-for-non-existent-products-578149. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enchanted Mirror

sour grapes

AUTHOR: Sewmaster - (United States of America)

If you had checked out the Georgia BBB lately, you will see that the 12 complaints that were filed were settled or closed out. I know her personally and she is not out to rip anybody off. I have delt with vendors before that once they have your money, the middle man who has to deal with the customer gets the short end of the stick. If She dosen't have the item in stock & has to order it, it can take over 12 weeks to get it. Some items are made to order because of their uniqueness. So, some understanding is in order.

If you order something and it is not there in the 2-3 week time frame, e-mail her. if she dosen't geet back to you, that's when you should contact pay-pal. If she tells you that it will take 12 weeks, then, if that is too long for you to wait, ask for a refund. If she hasn't responded by the 30th day, it is YOUR responsibility as a consumer to get pay pal involved.

Don't dump it all on her head. You had some responsibility in this as well. So from my point of view, you are both at fault.

BBB 3 Cases in 3 Years, All Closed

AUTHOR: Enchanted Mirror - (United States of America)

If you will check the BBB link above, you will see the Enchanted Mirror store has had three reports in three years, ALL of which the company either shipped the items OR refunded the client's payment. Then the cases were closed. Barbara, the owner's Mom, is ill at this time, and she is caring for her, and I am sure as soon as she is back to the store, any of these two customers posting will be shipped ordered items, or issued refunds, as the Enchanted Mirror has been in business, with hundreds of happy customers, and many return customers, since 1999.

Thank you.

This Business's Address is Public Record

AUTHOR: whitewingdove9 - (United States of America)

As this site is expected to be a point of contact for businesss to either refute or cure complaints laid out by unhappy customers, I was expecting that the owner of the business upon finding my complaint - might address and process my refund as promised.  I expected that, as any business attempting to guard its reputation would want to do, the owner would move to rapidly extinguish any negative issues in a mature and timely manor.

To my amazement, I have found that an employee of Enchanted Mirror elected instead to threaten me with the following email:

Due to recent posting of the home address of

our employer, Barbara ________, action will be taken this

week against the following:

Claire ________

P. O. Box _______
Bastrop, TX 78602

United States

All papers concerning this will be mailed to said address.

Posting someone's home address and phone number, on the internet

is illegal,

and appropriate action will be further taken.

This is the only email message you will receive.

All other communications will be via Certified Mail.

They are apparently going to use the money they should otherwise be refunding their customers when promised - to lay ground work for some kind of baseless case against ME, because the proprietors of this web site posted the businesss address as provided to them from the Better Business Bureau.

This information may be found on the Enchanted Mirrors personal data site at:

That page, and all the information on it, is a matter of public record.  The owner of this business should have researched that fact before allowing a threat of legal action to be posted on her behalf by way of email and on this web site.  If the information provided on the BBB site is incorrect, the owner should contact the BBB of Metro Atlanta, Athens & NE Georgia at:  Phone: 4047660875.

I have to address the fact that the people associated with this business are under the false impression that their dissatisfied clients are out to shut their business down.  That is simply not the case.  This shop provides a unique niche of specialty items which drew us to purchase from them in the first place.  All we want is what any client of any business wants that fronts payment for products or services.  Satisfaction.  We want to receive the item(s)  or services(es) we ordered or if that cannot be provided a prompt refund.  Im sure that if the owner of this business could step into our shoes, she would feel as angry if a merchant she gave money to, just ignored her requests for satisfaction.

To answer the question posed by the satisfied customer in an earlier post:  I don't understand why you don't contact your credit card company and request a "chargeback" for your payment?, its because there was no credit card involved.  And, the Enchanted Mirror Store is well aware of that.

Enchanted Mirror Timeless Finery is great

AUTHOR: Enchanted Mirror - (United States of America)

I have purchased many items from the Enchanted Mirror store, and each time, received beautiful, & custom made items.  It is obvious that you two don't run a small business, or have a clue how much time & trouble goes into it.  I don't understand why you don't contact your credit card company and request a "chargeback" for your payment?

It is not difficult, and I have done it for purchases from a vendor or two online, with Visa or MC.  Barbara has hundreds of satisfied customers (read the guestbook on the site), so one or two of you is not going to close her down.  Seriously, you people need to get off the computer, and get to your own lives, do a charge back, get over Stevie Nicks obsessions, and back to reality!
I am sure when she has the money to refund you, she will.

Times are tough these days, and that is how Life is.And posting in "blogs" about people's Family is really LOW, just shows what kind of people YOU are. Karma will get 'cha.  Wait and see.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Claire Snider

Claire S

FYI posting someone's home address on the Internet is Illegal, and action will be taken against the person listed above, in said case.

AUTHOR: whitewingdove9 - (United States of America)

BBB Reliability Report for

Enchanted Mirror aka Timeless FInery

BBB Rating D+

Ratings Explanation
BBB issues Reliability Reports on all businesses, whether or not they are BBB accredited. If a business is a BBB Accredited Business, it is stated in this report.

BBB Rating

Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of D+ on a scale from A+ to F.

Reasons for this rating include:
  • BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating.
  • BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business.

Click here for an explanation of BBB Ratings

BBB Rating

Customer Complaint History

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

BBB processed a total of 2 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 2 complaints closed in 36 months, 2 were closed in the last year.

Delivery Issues
    1 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to BBB.
Refund or Exchange Issues
    1 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to BBB.

#7 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Please contact Company directly

AUTHOR: Enchanted Mirror - (United States of America)

We are #1 in customer service, as you can see from our guestbook, so many happy customers.  If you have a problem with an order, you need to contact US directly, not post blogs and such that we do not read.
Our eMail is:

If you are a legitimate customer, you will have a three digit invoice # for your purchase, please include this and we will take care of your order right away,

or see why you have not received your item.

We have a no refund policy clearly stated in the FAQ and about us pages,

as our items are custom made per customer.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Stevie Nicks style clothing, jewelry and accessories.

Serving the discriminating gypsy since 1999.

Another very unhappy customer

AUTHOR: Debra Thorogood - (Australia)

I am still waiting after 3 years for my order.

I ordered a Custom Made Stevie Nicks Porcelain Doll and the 1st Issue of the Stevie Fanzine-total of 250 usd-I am from Australia

I have experienced everything mentioned in the above  and was once too a happy customer until this happened

I have been able to transfer my Kentucky Complaints against her to the Georgia Authorites so at least that has been something-getting a result I'm sure will be something else though

I have asked for a refund and even offered to pay for the shipping but to no avail.

I am a member of a Forum that Barbara is also a member of and the amount of private messages I have received concerning her ripping them off has been staggering

The latest update from the Enchanted Mirror is receiving a email saying that my items will be shipped between 1/1/10-31/1/10 but after so many emails and lies I just dont know if I can trust it and waiting for 3 yrs has been both disheartening and stressful knowing that there is a person out there who can still sleep at night even though they have and are still doing terrible things to their customers-it really is shameful and if you believe in Hell then Barbara is definently going there.