Complaint Review: Encompass Insurance

• Submitted: Mon, May 26, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, May 26, 2008

• Reported By:Slidell Louisiana
Encompass Insurance
3100 Sanders Rd. St.K4 Northbrook, Illinois U.S.A.

Encompass Insurance Charging me for Insurance I never obtained Northbrook Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: Time to use state services

I recently got a call from a collection agency asking for payment on my auto insurance that was cancelled in Jan. 08. I told them I was up to date and have never been late on my insurance payments and there must be some mistake. I sent them in writing my dispute and received a letter showing me my billing and policy from Encompass Insurance. I again disputed this telling them I have never had Encompass. I sent proof of my insurance (which goes back 15 years with the same company) and they immediately stopped collections.

Encompass then sent it to another collection agency, reported the non payment to all 3 credit bureaus, and sent the state a letter of cancellation of auto insurance. The state then sent me 2 different letters demanding I either reinstate my insurance and provide proof or turn in my registration/plates and pay a fee when I do get insurance.

I have cleared all this up with the state since I have shown proof of auto insurance but Encompass has caused me a lot of trouble when trying to get credit since they have negative credit on my reports. They will not send me proof of insurance such as my declaration page or insurance card. Nor will they speak to me, they refer me to their collection department who only asks for payment. They have repeatedly sent information to the state that I am not insured and it seems every month I am back at the DMV to show proof of insurance. Do they ever stop?

James
Slidell, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2008 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Encompass-Insurance/Northbrook-Illinois/Encompass-Insurance-Charging-me-for-Insurance-I-never-obtained-Northbrook-Illinois-334892. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Encompass Insurance

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Time to use state services

AUTHOR: Northwest - (U.S.A.)

You sound as though you have good records. I suggest reporting this to the attorney general and the insurance commission in your state with copies of complaints to the three credit reporting companies. Also may want to send copies to your state represenative and state senator.

Businesses that operate this way count on most people not taking the complaint to agencies that regulate them.