Complaint Review: Encore Enterprises Or Encore Better Homes

• Submitted: Wed, May 11, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, January 09, 2013

• Reported By:St. Louis Missouri
Encore Enterprises Or Encore Better Homes
1030 North Lindbergh St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A.

Encore Enterprises Or Encore Better Homes James Brubaker, company president rip me off- I paid for home report and I received home destruction. St. Louis Missouri

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Does this even sound reasonable?

*UPDATE Employee: Encore Better Homes

I paid for a new roof, guttering, siding, soffit, windows. They stole my storm windows, didn't install the windows properly, my roof leaks and the side was not fdone correctly. Had windows placed on the lawn and now the aliens are leaving notes to try and contact me.

I signed and paid for a new roof, windows, siding, soffit, guttering. I wanted my un-used storm windows, because I have stain glass windows. The took five windows without my permission, doesn't want to pay for them. The roof leaks in two closet, before installing a new roof. I didn't have leaks, my insurance wrote me and said that the installations was poor workmenship. The new windows were laid on my lawn and make signs in the lawn. Now the aliens speak to me in code. The gutters leak water and runs down the side of my home into my basement. So now my basement walls are cracking. But what does the owner do. Nothing, he doesn't want to replace anything or correct his company's poor work. I wouldn't recommend this person to do my dog house for me. I paid the company in full and believe that I would get a good product, but it has been over a year and I have not received anyting, but broken promises. Get insurance companies names, policy numbers if they have insurance and the bonding company and make sure it is legal with the Secretary of State or the Board of Insurance before doing any work with any contractor.

Robin
St. Louis, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2005 07:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Encore-Enterprises-Or-Encore-Better-Homes/St-Louis-Missouri-63132/Encore-Enterprises-Or-Encore-Better-Homes-James-Brubaker-company-president-rip-me-off-I-142406. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Encore Enterprises Or Encore Better Homes

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Does this even sound reasonable?

AUTHOR: manager - (United States of America)

Some complaints are based on fact, others on emotion.  After 25 years of fixing houses and dealing with all kinds of consumers, separating fact from fiction is challenging.

Not only is the emotion in this report obvious, it even refers to "aliens" now speaking to her.  We attempted to mediate the difficulties, but because of the emotions in this situation, were unable to.  We did solve most of the problems, but subsequently were denied access to the property to fix any issues, which, frankly, was OK since we feared for the safety of our workers.

This is an obvious attempt to destroy a legitimate company's reputation.  We currently have an A- rating with the BBB, with all complaints resolved or being resolved.  The agreement with this customer calls for mediation or arbitration, neither of which was used by this person.  We should have known better than to take on this job, based on her compliants about another contractor that did work for her (it looked like a good job to us).

So, ask yourself if talking aliens are speaking to this lady, and if so, is this a legitimate complaint.

Encore Better Homes

AUTHOR: Encore Better Homes - (USA)

In 2004 Encore Better Homes was contracted to do this job.  We did replace the roof, guttering, soffits, siding, windows, etc.  When the customer contacted Encore to report the roof leaking and the windows missing Encore sent our team out to resolve the issue.  We made more than one trip to the customers home to resolve the issues that she was having.  Encore Better Homes has been doing business in St. Louis for the past 23 years and we have a reputation for excellence.  We do not take products such as old windows from the homes of our customers unless they specifically request that they be disposed of.  We have and have had insurance, business licenses, and trade licenses which we gladly produce upon request.  If you are considering using Encore Better Homes for a project in your home we will always do our best to ensure that you are happy with the workers and the end end results of the job that we do.  Thank you for allowing us to respond.

Sincerely,