Complaint Review: Encore Financial Resources & Protel Communications

• Submitted: Mon, April 26, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, April 26, 2004

• Reported By:Palo Alto California
Encore Financial Resources & Protel Communications
St George, Utah And Protel Communications Nationwide U.S.A.

Encore Financial Resources & Protel Communications ripoff, subscribed me to a long distance service under false pretenses rip-off St George & Clearwater Florida & Utah

Encore Financial Resources (St George, Utah) contacted me back in January about getting a guaranteed credit card with a $5,000 limit. I've had credit problems so listened to what they said and agreed to their service for $109.

They never followed thru with that but they did subscribe me to Protel Communications for a $19 setup fee and $39 unlimited long distance calling.

I never received any information regarding that as well. I didn't want their free two week service and never used it.

The recording they have asks me if I understand what they said. It didn't ask me if I wanted this or not just do I understand. I, of course, understood never realizing that I would have to call a number to cancel that service. It took me until this month to notice that $39 charge to my bank account.

They refuse to give me a credit even though I never once accessed their service and didn't even realize that I was one of their customers. This is a scam conducted by both Encore Financial Resources and Protel Communications (Clearwater, Florida)

Ken
Palo Alto, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2004 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Encore-Financial-Resources-Protel-Communications/nationwide/Encore-Financial-Resources-Protel-Communications-ripoff-subscribed-me-to-a-long-distanc-88996. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Encore Financial Resources & Protel Communications