Complaint Review: Encore Financial Resources

• Submitted: Fri, October 01, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, October 01, 2004

• Reported By:brownwood Texas
Encore Financial Resources
216 West St. George St. Goerge, Utah U.S.A.

Encore Financial Resources Ripoff Attempted Scam of Encore Financial Resources Is the Law Firm of Bennett & DeLoney involved? St. Goerge Utah

On August 24th we accepted Encore Financial Resources offer for a VISA card for the fee of $199.95 that we paid for with a check by phone. For over a month we were not contacted through the mail or by phone. October 1st we received a letter from the Law Offices of Bennett & DeLoney with a settlement offer on behalf of Encore claiming that our check was dishonored.

In checking with our bank I was informed that it was never presented. I'm hoping at this point that they transposed our account information and can't access the account. The Law Office is requesting a settlement of $347.95 to settle all claims against us to avoid potential damages we may incur if their client pursues such claims of collection costs, attorney fees, and punitive or exempary damages. I have informed my bank of the problem and stopped payment on the check. I intend to notify everyone I can find to hopefully stop these fraudulent practices.

Brownwood, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2004 12:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Encore-Financial-Resources/St-Goerge-Utah-84770/Encore-Financial-Resources-Ripoff-Attempted-Scam-of-Encore-Financial-Resources-Is-the-Law-111040. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Encore Financial Resources