Complaint Review: Encore Marketing International - EZ Saver - American Leisure

• Updated: Thu, February 19, 2009

• Reported By:Lake Worth Florida
Encore Marketing International - EZ Saver - American Leisure
Encoremarketinginternational.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Encore Marketing International - EZ Saver - American Leisure - Debt Cures, Kevin Trudeau Bank credit card Fraud ALERT!! Major Scam! MUST READ THIS FOR INFO TO REPORT THEM! Jacksonville Florida

BEWARE! If you buy the Book "Debt Cures" By Kevin Trudeau off the infomercial on T.V. via the phone you are in danger of 2 companies : American Leisure and EZ Saver (aka Encore Marketing International) debiting your credit card without your authorization. They have been debiting me for months without my knowledge or consent and I NEVER received and goods or services from them. Billing my acct. $14.95 from each company.

They list 800 #' s for you to call, buy you ar left on hold forever with no one ever answering your call. I have attempted to contact an actual person numerous times with no luck.

I got proactive and researched Kevin Trudeau the author of this and many other scam related books. (Debt Cures by the way is a total waste of $ and only provides to put you further in debt so skip it)
WHAT I FOUND: Mr Trudeau (the mastermind) is a marketing marvel scam artist) who has been nailed by the Gov't and in jail for other similar scam related trickery and fined in the millions as part of a settlement in the past. Also BANNED from selling products on infomercials.....THE LOOPHOLE:

Now he writes books! Freedom of speech loophole I guess.
and steals your money.

1. You must contact the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) and file a formal complaint. # 1-877-382-4357

2. Contact your State's Attorney Generals Office and file a formal complaint there too. They WANT to hear from us!

The FTC Urged me to post this info. The more complaints that are officially filed the more they can do to go after them. Same goes with the State Attorney General!

3. Contact the BBB (better business ) www.BBB.Org You can file it online.

go to www.myfloridalegal.com to file your online formal complaint with the attorney general Bill McCullum. in the upper right hand corner CLICK ON "contact Bill McCullum" to file it. They have only 5 complaints so far and need much more to open a file against them here in Florida.

I URGE YOU ALL who have been a victim of this scam from ANY of the above mentioned companies to file these formal complaints. It's our only REAL recourse/defense.

4. ALWAYS contact your bank or credit card company to dispute the charges and have them go after a refund too.

Good Luck!

I will post an update to all my efforts soon.

Lake Worth, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2008 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Encore-Marketing-International-EZ-Saver-American-Leisure/nationwide/Encore-Marketing-International-EZ-Saver-American-Leisure-Debt-Cures-Kevin-Trudeau-B-351003. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Encore Marketing International - EZ Saver - American Leisure

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Jeanne - (U.S.A.)

I saw the infomercial and got hooked. I figured I would look it over for the 30 days trial and be able to send it back. It was advertized as $29.95--but in the last 10 min of program, the price was slashed to $19.95. Of course, I was charged the $29.95, even though I called right away to order. Of course, the shipping was added to that. Then she asked if I wanted the government grants. I said yes, as I thought I would look it over.

It took so long to come that I didn't have time to look it over when it came. So I called and they were very nice and said I could keep it for another 30 days and could return it after that time, if I wished. I had already decided I did not want the CD of government grants as there was nothing there that I could apply for. It was nothing that I could not have gotten by going to government web sites. It was divided by states, therefore you could only apply to your state and nothing applied to me. That was a waste of $29.95. She said I could keep it and return it with the book. I agreed as I though it would cost more with insurance, etc separatelybut I should have sent it back than.

I looked the book over and did not see anything that I didn't already know. I already knew about the idea of getting the credit card companies to forgive or reduce your loan. But, you usually cannot do this yourself. They don't usually do it for a persononly if a credit consolidation company does it. I have considered this is the past, but though it as unethical. They were my charges and I should pay them. It is not fair to people who do pay their debts. Although, I do agree that the rates that keep accumulating and raised according to the credit card companies discretion are not fair. But then, I did suspect that it would hurt my credit score just as Bankruptcy does (although not as bad).

[I do agree you can ask for lower rates and you can get just so far with that. The ones who get the lowest rates and the higher income levels who can afford to pay cash. But I have improved my credit and can often get 0% balance transfers (although those deals are getting harder to get good ones with 3% fees with no caps). Once or twice a year I get one for 0% for one year with 3% fee with a cap of $75-99. That saves a lot of interest. [BUT ALREADY KNEW ALL OF THIS. I DID'T NEED KEVIN TRUDEAU TO TELL ME.]

After the 60 days, I called back on the date expected (would have called sooner, but it was a weekend). They claimed that I called one day late. I could not prove it. So then, I called my credit card company and since IT WAS over 60 days, THEY SAID THEY COULD NT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!

Total now about $74.95 with shipping FOR USELESS INFORMATION!

Albany, NY