Complaint Review: Endless Journeys ISBN-0-7951-5184-5; Library Of Congress; The International Library Of Photography

• Submitted: Mon, October 12, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, October 12, 2009

• Reported By: Daniel — Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania USA
3600 Crondall Lane Suite 101 Owings Mills, Maryland United States of America
  • Phone: 4103634800
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Endless Journeys ISBN-0-7951-5184-5; Library Of Congress; The International Library Of Photography Picture.com false copyrights to my original documents, false promises of 10% of all sales Owings Mills, Maryland

*Consumer Comment: Doesn't pass the smell test.

Back in September of 2002, I was sent a letter from this company stating that a photo entitled "With Arms Wide Open" was advanced to "semi-finalist" in the nature category in the International Open Amateur Photography Contest. My photo was to be entered in the final competition to be held in the Spring of 2003.

My photo was to be displayed in the coffee-table quality harbound volume book called, "Shades Of Tomorrow". It was supposed to be published and I was supposed to retain the copyright to my original work.

I was also told that for every sale of the hardbound volume "Shades Of Tomorrow", I was to collect 10%, because my photo was a part of the collection. I called two times in the past to confirm this, and was told I was misinformed. Since 2002, I have entered a few different photos to this company and have yet to receive any royalties or copyrights to my original work.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2009 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Endless-Journeys-ISBN-0-7951-5184-5-Library-Of-Congress-The-International-Library-Of-Photography/Owings-Mills-Maryland-21117/Endless-Journeys-ISBN-0-7951-5184-5-Library-Of-Congress-The-International-Library-Of-Pho-508009. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Endless Journeys ISBN-0-7951-5184-5; Library Of Congress; The International Library Of Photography

Doesn't pass the smell test.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (U.S.A.)

"I was also told that for every sale of the hardbound volume "Shades Of Tomorrow", I was to collect 10%, because my photo was a part of the collection."

How could this be possible? Think about it. If your one photo entires you to a 10% royalty on the book, wouldn't that mean that there have to be less than 10 photographs in the book? Ten pictures collecting 10% would equal 100%. That assumes that the book was produced and printed for free. Whether you were told this in error, or someone was trying to take advantage of you, you should still have realized that there's no way that offer could be legit.