Complaint Review: Endurance Warranty

• Updated: Mon, August 19, 2013

• Reported By: Deborah — Ringgold Georgia
Endurance Warranty
Internet USA

Endurance Warranty 1-866-432-4443 and 877-414-0134 http://www.endurancewarranty.com/ Endurancy Warranty Program Internet

I have been covered by Endurance for approximately five months. The air conditioning compressor in my car stopped working. I called Endurance. They told me I needed to have a diagnostic service run before I could submit a claim to confirm what was wrong with the car. The cost of the diagnostic was not covered.

The repair shop called Endurance with the results of the diagnostic to confirm why the air conditioner was broken to start the claims process. The Endurance representative explained they could not start a claim unless the vehicle was at the shop and the repair shop provided them with the diagnostic results and mileage on the car AT THE TIME THE REPAIR WAS MADE. Based on this information I made arrangements with the repair shop to have the car repaired on a Saturday.

I called Endurance on Thursday before my scheduled Saturday repair appointment. I said I wanted to make sure I was doing everything they needed to make sure the claim was covered. The representative told me the repair shop had to provide the diagnostic report and mileage from my vehicle AT THE TIME THE REPAIR WAS MADE. So, I confirmed that I was going to have my car repaired on Saturday at which time the repair shop would call them and give them the mileage and diagnostic information. The representative confirmed my understanding.

On Saturday the repair shop called Endurance. They did not pick up the phone. The repair shop recorded the mileage on my car before starting the repair. The shop called Endurance on Monday to provide them with the mileage, diagnostic information, and a list of all parts and labor from the repair. Endurance told the repair shop that the claim would not be covered because the repair had already been completed, which counted as a preexisting condition.

Endurance said they had no record of any calls made to them two weeks prior to the repair. I told them I could provide a cell phone record to show them I had called and the repair shop could also provide confirmation of calling. They said they had no calls on record and could not approve the claim. I told them the repair shop and I were instructed to provide them with the mileage at the time the repair was made, which was their requirement to file the claim.

So Endurance basically found a loophole. They would not open a claim without having a mileage report documented at the time the repair was made, but they wont cover a claim because the repair would have to be in process before they would accept the mileage report.

I told them I wanted to cancel my policy. They said they would waive my monthly $123 payment for the following month but were not willing to cancel the coverage. I said they are not providing me the coverage they said they would provide and they said it is not their fault I can't follow instructions.

In addition to having to pay them $2800 for an extended warranty plan I am also out of pocket $1631.46 for a broken air conditioner. Oh, but if they actually did cover the claim, diagnostic work is not covered, neither is sales tax, and different bits and pieces of labor fees.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2013 10:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Endurance-Warranty/internet/Endurance-Warranty-1-866-432-4443-and-877-414-0134-httpwwwendurancewarrantycom-Endu-1077016. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Endurance Warranty