Complaint Review: EnerbankUSA

• Submitted: Thu, March 07, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, March 07, 2013

• Reported By: Bill — Linwood Pennsylvania United States of America
EnerbankUSA
1245 E. Brickyard Road Salt Lake City, Utah 84106 Internet United States of America

EnerbankUSA Not statements from bank for a loan for years , Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Response

*Consumer Comment: Advice

IN June of 2010 I applied and got a loan for 5,000 dollars 6 months same as cash.  I tried to pay this loan off and may have. I was moving and needed some money for the repairs from a collapsed wall. I got a initial payment book but was paying like a thousand a month to pay it off in full before the 6 months. I thought that I was paid in full actually waiting for a check for over payment. Over 2 years no statement from them then I get a interest bill for like 70 dollars. I paid that.  Thinking that was all. Now I get phone call all the time saying I owe them like 1,000 dollars. Still to this day I have yet to see a statement. They even call my parents neighbors over this.   I am also concerned about my credit score which has been real good but I am sure it is not now.  I requested a statement the last couple of payments so I knew that we were all paid in full. No answer.

I would love to file a unfair lending practice. I see that this is common for this bank. If i was not paid in full it would have been long ago before it got to collections. The collections agency is also a part of the bank. It seems that this was done to hit me with interest and penalties. I got no statement only my checkbook and I thought we were paind in full still do. They will not produce a statement of what I paid or when.  What should I do ?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2013 03:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EnerbankUSA/internet/EnerbankUSA-Not-statements-from-bank-for-a-loan-for-years-Internet-1025181. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EnerbankUSA

Response

AUTHOR: nlwatkins - ()

We do not discuss publicly individual accounts at EnerBank USA, but our customer service number (1-888-390-1220) is available [Mon-Fri 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM ET] for any customer who has questions about or problems with his or her account.  For our “Same as Cash” customers,  we do send notification of the Same as Cash expiration date at the beginning of the loan, and we send at least one reminder letter approximately 30 days prior to their Same as Cash expiration date to remind our customers that the date is approaching.  EnerBank USA makes thousands of loans each month to homeowners nationwide, and we receive very few complaints overall.  We maintain an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau, and we try to resolve all complaints in a reasonable and timely manner. If you feel that you were treated poorly please contact our office at the number listed above so we have the opportunity to look into it.

Advice

AUTHOR: Bubba Lee - (Canada)

Since Banks and other lenders ignore people that do not say or do things exactly the way the petty little rules are set up:

I advise you to contact a Credit counseling service.

You state and the Federal Government maintain a list of reputable Counselors.

Many are non Profit organizations

They will be able to advise you what you need to do and say in exactly the right way to make these people stop harassing you, provide documentation and finally go away.

Good Luck