Complaint Review: Energy Plus

• Updated: Sat, September 17, 2011

• Reported By: Skip — NYC New York United States of America
Energy Plus
3711 Market Street Philadelphia, Pennsylvania United States of America

Energy Plus Energy Plus Electric Prices exorbantantly high -- they are preying on consumers Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

My complaint is the same as others I have come across. ENERGY PLUS IS GOUGING ITS CUSTOMERS WITH OUTRAGEOUSLY HIGH ELECTRIC SUPPLY PRICES!

I have a very small, two-room apartment with a one-year old+ energy saver refrigerator, an air conditioner that I run as conservatively as possible, a flat screen TV and a laptop. That's it -- no other major appliances or electricity consuming devices. Fluorescent energy saving bulbs are also installed in the kitchen and bathroom fictures and my electric bill is consistently through the roof!

It seems clear to me that Energy Plus is counting on its customers to accept the fact that their prices are fair because oil and gasoline prices are up so, therefore, we should expect and get used to paying whatever they charge. But when my bill went over two hundred dollars for 29 days, it finally got me to compare their prices with other ESCOs. Right now, Energy plus is charging 22.875 cents per kilowatt hour! This is DOUBLE the price of the ESCO I have selected to replace Energy Plus.

Also, when I signed up, they promised no local sales taxes would appear on my bill, but that was just a ploy. I am regularly charged 4.5% sales tax on their electric supply.

People should not be fooled either by the offer of frequent flyer miles --they're not worth the huge overcharges Energy Plus is collecting when compared to other providers in the same area. (NYC)

GET AWAY AND TAY AWAY FROM ENERGY PLUS!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2011 06:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Energy-Plus/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19104/Energy-Plus-Energy-Plus-Electric-Prices-exorbantantly-high-they-are-preying-on-consume-778061. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Energy Plus