Complaint Review: Energy Plus

• Updated: Thu, March 14, 2013

• Reported By: OnceBurned — Wakefield Massachusetts United States of America
Energy Plus
P.O. Box 38815 Internet United States of America

Energy Plus They lied about my current rates per KWH to get me to buy their service. Internet

I received a letter from ENERGY PLUS, offering me an alternative source of electrical power.  They offered a $50 sign-up bonus, 3% cash back on my utility bills and no hidden fees.

However, in the fine print on the bottom half of the back of the letter they stated that they would only charging .63 cent per Kilowatt Hour for my electrical usage.  They stated that my local municipal light company is currently charging me .69 cents per KWH.

So I calculated my electric bill charges for the past year.  The most I was actually charged was .33 cents per KWH.  Energy Plus lied to me in writing and either hoped I would not check what they said, or they didn't think I'd even notice the fine print on the back.

For me, just that lie about the per KWH rates was enough to turn me off.  After checking all the complaints here I'm grateful not to have something more serious to report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2013 01:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Energy-Plus/internet/Energy-Plus-They-lied-about-my-current-rates-per-KWH-to-get-me-to-buy-their-service-Inte-1028475. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Energy Plus