Complaint Review: Engine World Houston TX

• Updated: Tue, January 22, 2013

• Reported By: Paul — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
Engine World Houston TX
1220 West 19th Street, Suite-C Houston, Texas United States of America

Engine World Houston TX LIED about the Quality of their ENGINES and the ORIGIN of where they come from. Houston, Texas

I own a auto franchise Dealership in Georgia, we purchase a lot of Japanese take out engines. The supplier I typically purchase from was out of stock & did not know when he would be getting more inventory in for my needs. So I started searching on the internet for another supplier. I found ENGINE WOLRD of Houston TX. Mike, who speaks with a japanese accent, insured me that the engine he was selling me, is a low mileage japan take out engine. However, when we recieved the engine it did not appear that way.

Once we started to inspct the engine, there was 5 broken bolts on just the first valve cover that we inspected, homonic balancer at some point locked up and did damage on the front of the engine. The oil pan was only held on with three bolts, I have not yet inspected to see how many may be broken. At this point, I called ENGINE WORLD of Houston TX back up and spoke with Brian, he said I would have to speak with the manger Mike. Mike called me back, I told him the problams and he said I was being rediculous, he said its only a few broken bolts.

I made it clear to Mike, that in my 20 plus year of buying japanese take out engines, I have never seen one in this bad of shape. I was clearly misrepresented by ENGINE WORLD of Houston TX. I asked for a full refund and Mike told me that there will be a re-stocking fee and the shipping cost to me would not be refunded and the shipping fee back to ENGINE WORLD of Houston TX would also me my responsiblity. So for the very bad engine that I received from ENGINE WORLD of Houston TX the cost to return it to them, I am told will be a cost of $327.00 plus 178.00 shipping = $505.00 on an item that only costed $1800. to start with. That's a 28% fee !!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2013 09:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Engine-World-Houston-TX/Houston-Texas-77008/Engine-World-Houston-TX-LIED-about-the-Quality-of-their-ENGINES-and-the-ORIGIN-of-where-t-1001081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Engine World Houston TX