Complaint Review: Engine and Transmission World

• Submitted: Thu, March 18, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, March 19, 2010

• Reported By: ToDaMax — Riverside California United States of America
Engine and Transmission World
2100 E College Ave. Cudahy , WI 53110 Cudahy, Wisconsin United States of America

Engine and Transmission World Online false advertisting! They state their motors are Car Faxed and that it's shipped with the motor. Never got it with my engine and when they e-mailed it was for a different engine. And insisted th Cudahy, Wisconsin

*Author of original report: Mechanic Man

*Consumer Comment: WHY

I was looking for a motor online when I came across Engine and Transmission World.com. It shows a bunch of testimonials from happy customers they supposedly had bought from them. As if they send out e-mails asking for your opinion and post them. Which they do not.

I found a motor for my car that was supposed to be Car Faxed at 36K miles. I sent them an e-mail for a price. It came back for $845 with shipping. I called and asked about the Car Fax and they stated it would be shipped with the motor. Upon receiving the motor there was no Car Fax with it.

So called on a Friday and they told me to e-mail Dale and that he should get back with me on Monday. I get no response from Dale. So I call back that following Friday and they tell me to call back Monday. So I did and spoke with Dale and he stated he would e-mail it to me. I get no e-mail. I call Dale back on Friday and he states he'll have it resent. I get it that following Wednesday. It's for an 2000 Nissan Maxima motor with 19K miles on it.

I call back and tell Dale that they sent the wrong Car Fax and tells me no that it's the right one. So I explained to Dale the difference between the 1999 model motor and the 2000 motor and he tells me no they're the same. Then I asked him then why does the Car Fax state 19K miles instead of 36K miles and Dale stated because I got a better motor.

The motor I received came all rusted and leaking oil. It was spay painted to try to make it look if it was newer. The motor from the looks of the inside of the oil pan and the outside of the engine diffidently did not look to have 19K miles on it. Plus the motor I got didn't have the 2000 model Intake manifold called 00VI. Which came with the 2000 model. Once again proving it was the wrong Car Fax.

I explained this to Dale for him to tell me no it's the right Car Fax. So I asked to speak with someone in charge and Dale stated it was him and then transfer me an voice mail. I left a message and got no response. I e-mail Dale and he replied stating he already sent the right one and was there anything else he could help me with. Him trying to be funny. I sent another e-mail telling him to call the dealer and verify what I'm saying is correct and never heard back from Dale.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2010 03:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Engine-and-Transmission-World/Cudahy-Wisconsin-53110/Engine-and-Transmission-World-Online-false-advertisting-They-state-their-motors-are-Car-582659. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Engine and Transmission World

Mechanic Man

AUTHOR: ToDaMax - (United States of America)

In response to your comment. 9 out of 10 mechanics are rip offs. My mechanic that I go to couldn't tell me how exact miles come with the engines that he gets. When I saw that the motor was Car Faxed. I believed them. I should of check the BBB too. They have an F rating. Live and learn that's why on here trying to help others not make my mistake with this company.

WHY

AUTHOR: Mechanic - (U.S.A.)

WHY DONT YOU LET THE MECHANIC HANDLE GETTING THE PARTS.

DO YOU BRING YOUR ON EGGS TO THE DINER