Complaint Review: Engine and Transmission World

• Updated: Mon, August 25, 2014

• Reported By: MandM — Missouri
Engine and Transmission World
2100-A E. College Ave cudahy, Wisconsin USA

Engine and Transmission World AKA Southwest Engines SCAM ARTISTS Cudahy Wisconsin

We placed an order for an engine late Friday afternoon.  We called first thing Saturday morning (9:00 AM when they opened) to cancel the order as we decided to trade the vehicle in rather than repair it.  Joe H. indicated he could not cancel the order and that "they were not even open on the weekends" although their website said their hours were 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM CST.  He said I had to call back on Monday.  When I asked to speak to a manager, he started yelling at me and said I had to call back and screamed, "HANG UP THE PHONE ALREADY!" and then proceeded to hang up on me when I asked if I could at least leave a message for a manager to call me back.  Great customer service, Joe!

I sent an email to the company through their website indicating I wanted to cancel my order.  I got an email back withink 10 minutes stating I was going to be charged a 25% RESTOCKING FEE even though the order had NOT been processed or shipped.  This was not even 24 hours later, and probably only 6 business hours later at most.  Oh, and they aren't even open on the weekends to cancel my order....remember?  No problem charging the fee right away, though!

I did a little research after I was treated so rudely and discovered their F rating with the Better Business Bureau.  They have over 240+ complaints against them for shady business practices.  I wish I had researched this company BEFORE making a decision to buy an engine from them.  THIS COMPANY IS A TOTAL SHAM AND RIP OFF ARTIST.  Take your business elsewhere!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2014 03:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Engine-and-Transmission-World/cudahy-Wisconsin/Engine-and-Transmission-World-AKA-Southwest-Engines-SCAM-ARTISTS-Cudahy-Wisconsin-1172243. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Engine and Transmission World