- Report: #258347
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Enigma Software Group Inc.
Enigma Software Group Inc.150 Southfield Avenue Suite 1432 Stamford, Connecticut U.S.A.
Enigma Software Group Inc. SpyHunter is a ripoff Stamford Connecticut
*Consumer Comment: Enigma software
A businesses first
line of defense on
If your business
willing to make a
Click here now..
They billed me through Reg.Net. They are in on it too. Reg.Net would not refund me. The person I talked to at Reg.Net said that she had cancelled the automatic renewal. Then 6 months later they burned me again. I talked to a fraud investigator at Capital One. She had a tuff luck attitude. I told her I didnt know there would be an automatic renewal she told me yes I did know there would be an automatic renewal. When I told her not to tell me what I knew she hung up. After they got me for a second renewal charge the fraud investigator I talked to was fine and he credited me. However he did read me a disclaimer saying there is a chance they may undo that. I just checked my statement online and the relevant part looks like this.
Payments, Credits, and Adjustments
6/22/2007 PURCHASE ADJUSTMENT ($29.99)
6/22/2007 DR *SpyHunter , 952-908-4112 , CO $29.99
The first automatic renewal said something like:
12/22/2006 REG.NET*SPYHUNTER 800-999-2734 $29.99
That phone number, 952-908-4112 connects you to Reg.Net. If you need to call Reg.Net use 800-999-2734
In summary I believe Enigma Software Group Inc. and Reg.Net are running a scam.
Here is a copy of the email you will get every 6 months if you buy SpyHunter (Spy Hunter).
I have neutralized it by putting xxxxxxxxx over some of it.
Thank you for purchasing SpyHunter-Renewal, from Enigma Software Group Inc..
This is a server-generated email. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY. For technical support, please visit the support section of our website:
NOTE: THE PASSWORD IS CASE-SENSITIVE!
**TOTAL AMOUNT: $29.99
**ORDER NUMBER: xxxxxxx
*Note: Your credit card will be charged $29.99 for a license of SpyHunter-Renewal, appearing on your bank statement as "REG.NET*SPYHUNTER". Your subscription will automatically renew every 6 months.
YOU MUST follow the following instructions carefully, to install your FULL VERSION of the SpyHunter Spyware Remover:
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT ALL SPYHUNTER WINDOWS ARE CLOSED BEFORE FOLLOWING THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) Log into the Enigma Software Group Website, and enter your username and password (which can be found in this email) into the Member Login form, and click the Blue "Login" button ( http://www.enigmasoftwaregroup.com )
Then, on the next page, click the Blue "Download" button next to the SpyHunter box picture.
2) When prompted to save or open the file, click on "Save". Please make a note of the location where you decide to save the file.
3) After the download has completed, navigate to the location where you saved the file ( default filename is spyhunterFULL.exe ).
If you do not remember where you saved the file, click on "START", then "Search" or "Find", and search for the filename listed above.
4) Double click spyhunterFULL.exe to begin the installation process.
Thank you for using Reg.Net - The Registration Network. You may now download your registered copy of SpyHunter-Renewal. The download link below will allow you to download your registered software. If you have purchased the ESD Download Warranty, the download link will be available for 1 year from the date of purchase. If you have not purchased the ESD Warranty and wish to have the file available to you for a period of 1 year, please purchase the ESD Warranty as follows:
To download SpyHunter-Renewal, please follow the link below.
If you have any problems using the link above, the reason may be that your e-mail client is wrapping the URL. You can optionally use the following form:
User Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks again for your order.
Enigma Software Group Inc.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2007 08:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enigma-Software-Group-Inc/Stamford-Connecticut-06902/Enigma-Software-Group-Inc-SpyHunter-is-a-ripoff-Stamford-Connecticut-258347. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)