I wanted to cancel the EWI training program with immediate effect due to following reasons:
1. I paid $1012.19 to enroll for EWI training program by the Robert Allen Institute on May 21, 2008. The course coordinator promised to send study materials upon payment. I was asked to follow the Real Estate program first and was told to follow the Real Estate study materials first. I received the study materials 2 weeks later and I found that 17 pages from the beginning are missing (left blank) in the Real Estate binder. However, I started the Real Estate classes online and via phone without study materials. I repeatedly request the student services via e-mail and telephone many times and requested those missing pages. But nobody at the Enlightened Wealth Institute (EWI) responded to my request. A month ago, when I was asked to pay the balance course fee by a person named Ron, I explained him about the study materials but he too failed to send me the missing pages although promised to do so with immediate effect, as usual. Last time Ron called me about the payment, he insisted that he already mailed a new Real Estate binder which I never received. That was in September, 2008!
2. I have followed a three-day course on Real Estate by the Robert Allen Institute from April 25 to April 27, 2008 and paid $3917.13. The first day of the course was spent to introduce the course. Second day was totally about Robert Allen Institute real estate software called DealMakerPro (just an elaborate introduction) and the third day was to encourage participants to enroll for a more advanced real estate course promising free access to the above software upon registration. In fact, it is not only a waste of money but also waste of time since the seminar was held in Calgary.
3. Before I joined the EWI training program for multiple streams of income, I told the person who talked to me over the phone (his name is Doug Friedman), that I have already followed a real estate course by the Robert Allen Institute and asked him whether I would get the DealMakerPro access if I joined the EWI training program since both are conducted by the Robert Allen Institute. Over the phone he insisted that I would get all the materials if I joined forthwith. But to my surprise, the real estate course facilitators never mentioned about the software and also when I inquired during the course, they just ignored my question.
4. Although I followed few real estate courses by the EWI training program since May 2008 (via online and phone), almost all of them talk about and introduce websites related to the USA real estate market. As it is quite obvious, real estate market is different from country to country. After listening to the USA facilitators for one hour and half over the phone, I didn't get anything except a higher telephone bill.
5. Since I can't follow the real estate course effectively due to missing study materials and irrelevant information with regards to the Canadian real estate market, I tried to follow some other EWI courses in the training program which came with the package and for which I received complete study materials. I tried the courses such as Stock Market, Infopreneuring, Internet marketing etc. which is listed under www.ewitraining.com. To my surprise, all those course start in the year 2011! However, Enlightened Wealth Institute (EWI) compels me to pay the balance course fee of $4000 right away.
Since I have no interest at all of following this EWI training program anymore due to above reasons, I requested them to return my $1012.19 forthwith and I would return all their study materials back (including the missing pages of the real estate binder!). Few days later of my request via e-mail, Doug Friedman phoned me and said I had to pay the balance fee immediately before they sent it to a collection centre. A week later, person named Ron left a message on my phone insisting the same but never mentioned about the missing pages of the Real Estate binder nor fake promises of sending them forthwith!
When I was told to pay the balance due by Ron on September 25, 2008, I asked him about cancelling the course. But as usual of typical real estate course organizers, he denied it and said that I could have done it 4 months ago! How could I foretell 4 months ago that the course I enrolled paying such an amount and receiving all sorts of promises such as one-on-one help on real estate business and Canadian real estate facilitators for the course would become a scam?
Therefore, without trying to make money for nothing or telling should have's, could have's or would have's, I earnestly requested them to pay my initial enrolment fee of $1012.19 back and upon which I will return their materials. I repeat, since I wasted $3917.13 for a 3-day real estate seminar by the Robert Allen Institute to learn nothing about real estate.
Please help me to get my $1012.19 and let me get out of this scam. Upon I will return their study materials (which already packed to be sent). And also please take measures to curb this kind of fake organizations who steal hard earned money by way of scam.