Complaint Review: Enterprise

• Updated: Sat, May 18, 2013

• Reported By: Michael — Bala Cynwyd Pennsylvania
Enterprise
25 City avenue Bala Cynwyd , Pennsylvania USA

Enterprise Misrepresented the terms of the pricing of renting a Vehicle Bala Cynwyd Pennsylvania

After renting a rent a car at enterprise, due to the "weekend special" there was nothing slecial about it. I asked for an intermediate car, for 14.99, I end up with a 16.99 car. This totalled $59.97 plus tax. That wasn't the big issue. I was pushed into a 25.00 insurance charge, and asked if I could use my current insurance, every excuse was used as to why it was a bad idea. They told me it was only 25 dollars, and I asked if I could pay it seperate. They said that it would be best to add to 25 at the end. They a also knew that I had Amex, I asked if that would help with my insurance, they acted as if they had no idea about eBay I was talking about. Amex covers this for you.

Upon returning this Gem on time, and putting a total of 2 miles on it, I received a bill for :

1. Dw (damage waiver) 19.99 x 3 - 59.97, it should have been 44.97.

2. PAI  - 2.00 x 3 - 6.00

3. RAP (avoikeis lost key charge) 11.97

4. Passenger rental charge of 2% - 2.64

5. PA sales tax: 7.91

6. Public trans assistance tax - 2 x days - 6.00

car rental companies have an incentive to not only sell you their loss damage waiveclock collision, products, which can be highly profitable, but to oversell it. They often incentive their agents to push these extras., which can double the cost of the rental to those already covered. Not only did they charge the 25.00, but for 3 days!

i argued this repeatedly until the manager was nice enough to offer me 10% off of the next rental PLUS a free upgrade. 10%? Plus, I already was billed for the upgrade, which it was not.

These agencies are pro's, let the "renter" beware", because my weekend slecial of (14.99 x 3) x 6% tax turned into more than double. I will be reporting this to enterprise, enterprise corporate, it's not on ripoff report with many, many others like me, and I will appeal this through Amex.

Who can you trust?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2013 05:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-/Bala-Cynwyd-Pennsylvania-19004/Enterprise-Misrepresented-the-terms-of-the-pricing-of-renting-a-Vehicle-Bala-Cynwyd-Pe-1051885. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise