Complaint Review: Enterprise

• Updated: Wed, June 12, 2013

• Reported By: Brandie — Winchester Virginia
Enterprise
Little Rock, Arkansas USA

Enterprise Claimed that I owed them for damages to a rental that was in the same condition it was in when I picked it up. Fed up!!!!!! Little Rock Arkansas

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Cares

*General Comment: If....

I was allegedly responsible for the ac going out in the rental car my husband and I received from enterprise late May. I have contacted the claims department, customer service department, & the actual branch that filed the claim; Yet no ones has returned my calls! The ac did go out in the car but not due to nenegligent behavior on my part.

Within the first day of receiving my rental I had to return it due to cigarette smoke, it was s****.>

I paid too much money to have a rental car with no ac and all these problems!!! I am completely fed up with this company and lack of customer service & crappy cars!! The only thing I have been told was  that a rock hit ac compressor and had made it go out while I had rental!!! My opinion they shouldve been checked throughly before I received it! I will not be responsible for this when I didnt get to use the ac my whole 14 hour trip!!

According to enterprise customer service if I dont pay for the ac then it will go on my credit & I wont be able to rent from them again!! Thanks for threating me; I am still not paying for your crappy cars & services!!!! Thanks & bye bye!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2013 10:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-/Little-Rock-Arkansas/Enterprise-Claimed-that-I-owed-them-for-damages-to-a-rental-that-was-in-the-same-condit-1058587. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise

Enterprise Cares

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

Brandie

Thank you for your post concerning your rental experience and air conditioning claim.  My name is Katherine and I am a Social Media Coordinator for Enterprise Rent A Car and would like to assist you.  Please email Care@Enterprise.com with your contact information, rental agreement number, and exact branch location so we can follow up with you directly.  Please also type reference number 130621-001749 in the subject line of your email.

Best Regards,

Katherine

Social Media Coordinator

Enterprise Rent A Car

#2 General Comment

If....

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

If the AC went out while in your possesion then you ARE responsable for it. When you read ALL of the fine print on the rental contract, you will see that you are 100% responsable for ANYTHING that happends to the car while you have it. Now if the AC was out from the get go, then you needed to bring this to thier attention and return the car.

Your only real remedy is that you disput the claim with the corporate office. Its basically a he said/he said kinda event. The rental car company will believe the word of the service techs over the customer. Mainly because customers are always attempting fraud and always attempting to get away with NOT paying for a service. You can counter this by asking for documented proof of ANY repairs on the vehicle. Documented proof that it ws indeed a rock while you were driving it. If it was a rock, then your contract SHOULD state that road hazards that are out of your DIRECT control are not your responsability. Say if you went over a pothole and screwed up the alignment but not if you ran over a nail in the road.