Complaint Review: Enterprise

• Reported By: R — Philadelphia Pennsylvania
Enterprise
Newark, New Jersey USA

Enterprise Charge me an extra day Newark New Jersey

*Author of original report: Enterprise refunded me the extra charge

I had a rental from Newark, NJ on Nov. 30, 2013 (Saturday). When I booked my rental, I was told that I could return my rental car to Conshohocken office, PA on Dec. 1, 2013 (Sunday). There are two offices closer to where  I live, but they were not open. So I booked it and promised to return it on Dec. 1, 2013 to Conshohocken office, PA.

However, when I returned my rental car to Conshohocken office, PA on Dec. 1, 2013, the office was closed. Apparantly, a local office's hours can be changed without updating their system. But I followed what was told by their instruction. Anyhow, I filled in a form I got from the airport. I clearly marked that I returned the car on Dec. 1 at about 12:00 PM. Then I dropped the key and the form into the dropbox.

When I got my bill, I was charged for an extra day. I called the local office, airport office, and their corporate office. I was told by three representatives that someone would contact me within 24 hours three times.  (I called one at a time. No one called me. Then I called them again.)

I am not sure why a company would treat the customers so badly.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2013 07:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-/Newark-New-Jersey-07114/Enterprise-Charge-me-an-extra-day-Newark-New-Jersey-1106608. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise

Enterprise refunded me the extra charge

AUTHOR: R - ()

The result was good. I apprecaited that they took the right action. Hope their system gets the updates from those local offices when office hours are changed by local agents. By doing so, surely customers are happy. The company saves money too. (Not to mention my time, I believe that many people-hours were spent by the company in resolving this issue.)