Complaint Review: Enterprise Car Rental

• Reported By: Anna — Cerritos California United States of America
Enterprise Car Rental
18803 Studebaker Road Cerritos, California United States of America

Enterprise Car Rental Unapproved use of credit card Cerritos, California

On April 25, 2012 I took my car to Cerritos Infiniti for repairs. They did not have a loaner car on their lot so they had one brought to me from the Enterprise Rental Agency.  The gentleman brought the car to the dealership and drove it home.  The next day I went back to the dealership to drop the car off and get my car.  My car was not ready so they gave me a car from ther stock and I left the Enterprise car with them.  I don't think I drove the car any further than the dealership to my home which is about 4 miles.

Upon researching my credit card accoount online, I noticed that Enterprise had deducted $16.56.  I called them and they informed me that they had charged me for gas.  I told the representative that I did not drive the car and they had charged my credit card without my approval.  I was then told that they have the athority to do this without even notifying me.  I don't agree.  I don't know how much or who drove the car after I left it off at Infiniti.

They should be investigated for unlawful practices and failure to notify the customer of the use of their credit/debit cards. One other time I had to use their services and the representative told me I had to use my insurance company.  I was then informed by AAA that that was absolutely not true and they intervened for me. Enterprise should know the rules and follow them. I woiuld appreciate a follow up report from the BBB on both matters. Thank you

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2012 10:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Car-Rental/Cerritos-California-90703/Enterprise-Car-Rental-Unapproved-use-of-credit-card-Cerritos-California-891036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Car Rental